Due to the upsurge in internet connected devices in everyday life, a compact embedded wireless device becomes essential to cater multiple frequency-based applications at common platform. Reconfigurability is the best solution to enhance the device utility at many technical interfaces. Wireless compatibility among different devices via internet elicits the importance of antenna unit. In this paper, a compact size 25×25 mm2, five-band frequency reconfigurable antenna is presented. The antenna exhibits the choice-based optimized frequency responses of slot structures, corner truncation and parasitic loading. These individual responses comprise the high frequency switching characteristics in synchronized module of three PIN diodes. The antenna is designed to operate among five different frequencies i.e. 3.85 GHz, 4.14 GHz, 4.43 GHz, 4.91 GHz, and 6.01 GHz. The work emphasizes the compact design and wide switching ability of the antenna, which validates its unique feasibility for high speed multiple applications of Internet of Things (IoT) through a common embedded platform under WLAN, Wi-Max, and C-band applications as per the FCC standards.
2. Zahraoui, I., J. Zbitou, A. Errkik, E. Abdelmounim, and A. Mediavilla, "A novel printed multiband low cost antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 11, No. 4, 237-244, Jul. 2016.
3. Chandra, K., M. Satyanarayana, and K. Battula, "A novel miniature hexagonal shape switched pattern and frequency reconfigurable antenna," International Journal of Communication System, Vol. 33, No. 5, 1-8, Sept. 2019.
4. Chattha, H., M. Hanif, X. Yang, I. Rana, and Q. Abbasi, "Frequency reconfigurable patch antenna for 4G LTE applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 69, 1-13, 2018.
5. Singh, R., A. Basu, and S. Koul, "Reconfigurable microstrip patch antenna with switchable polarization," IETE Journal of Research, 10.1080/03772063.2018.1510346, Aug. 2018.
6. Shah, I., S. Hayat, A. Basir, M. Zada, S. Shah, and S. Ullah, "Design and analysis of a hexa-band frequency reconfigurable antenna for wireless communication," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 98, No. 1, 80-88, Jan. 2019.
7. Chaouche, Y., I. Messaoudene, I. Benmabrouk, M. Nedil, and F. Bouttout, "A compact CPW-fed reconfigurable fractal antenna for switchable multiband systems," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 13, No. 1, 1-8, Jan. 2019.
8. Gu, H., J. Wang, L. Ge, and L. Xu, "A reconfigurable patch antenna with independent frequency and polarization agility," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 1, 31-40, Sept. 2018.
9. Patel, S., K. H. Shah, and Y. Kosta, "Frequency reconfigurable and high-gain metamaterial microstrip-radiating structure," Waves in Random and Complex Media, Vol. 29, No. 3, 523-539, 2018.
10. Ali, T. and R. Biradar, "A compact hexagonal slot dual band frequency reconfigurable antenna for wlan applications," Microwave and Optical Technol. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 4, 2017.
11. Boukarkar, A., X. Lin, Y. Jiang, and X. Yang, "A compact frequency-reconfigurable 36-states patch antenna for wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 7, 1349-1353, Jul. 2018.
12. Tariq Chattha, H., N. Aftab, M. Akram, N. Sheriff, Y. Huang, and Q. Abbasi, "Frequency reconfigurable patch antenna with bias tee for wireless LAN applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 14, 2248-2254, Nov. 2018.
13. Zehforoosh, Y. and M. Rezvani, "A small quad-band monopoleantenna with folded strip lines for Wi-MAX/WLAN and ITU applications," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 16, No. 4, 1012-1018, Dec. 2017.
14. Cai, Y., K. Li, Y. Yin, S Gao., H. Wei, and L. Zhao, "A low-profile frequency reconfigurable grid-slotted patch antenna," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 36305-36312, Jun. 2018.
15. Madi, M., M. Al-Husseini, and K. Kabalan, "Frequency tunable cedar-shaped antenna for Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 72, 135-143, 2018.
16. Goswami, P. K. and G. Goswami, "Trident shape ultra-large band fractal slot EBG antenna for multipurpose IoT applications," multipurpose IoT applications, Vol. 96, 73-85, 2019.
17. Gangwar, S., K. Gangwar, and A. Kumar, "A compact modified hexagonal slot antenna for wideband applications," Electromagnetics, Vol. 38, No. 6, 339-351, 2018.
18. Han, L., C. Wang, X. Chen, and W. Zhang, "Compact frequency reconfigurable antenna for wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, No. 1, 1795-1798, Jun. 2018.
19. Goswami, P. K. and G. Goswami, "Truncated T-parasite staircase fractal U-slot antenna for multiple advance internet of things applications," Microwave Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 62, No. 2, 830-838, Oct. 2019.
20. Allam, V. K., B. T. P. Madhav, T. Anilkumar, and S. Maloji, "A novel reconfigurable band-pass filtering antenna for IoT communication applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 96, 13-26, 2019.
21. Romputtal, A. and C. Phongcharoenpanich, "Frequency reconfigurable multiband antenna with embedded biasing network," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 11, No. 10, 1369-1378, 2017.