In this work, the design of an ultra-wideband (UWB) fork monopole antenna based on a surface impedance substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) resonator has been proposed. The SIW resonator not only improves the antenna bandwidth and its performances, but also permits to reduce the antenna size and weight. An antenna prototype has been designed, fabricated, and experimentally assessed. The obtained results are quite satisfactory, and they demonstrate the potentialities of the proposed geometry.
2. Jenssen, R. O. R., et al., "Drone-mounted ultrawideband radar for retrieval of snowpack properties," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 69, No. 1, 22130, Jan. 2020.
3. Ghaemi, K., R. Ma, and No. Behdad, "A small-aperture, ultrawideband HF/VHF direction-finding system for unmanned aerial vehicles," IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propagat., Vol. 66, No. 10, 5109-5120, Oct. 2018.
4. Li, W., Y. Hei, P. M. Grubb, X. Shi, and R. T. Chen, "Compact inkjet-printed flexible MIMO antenna for UWB applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 5290-5298, Aug. 2018.
5. Saxena, S., B. K. Kanauja, S. Dwari, S. Kumar, and R. Tiwari, "Compact ultra-wideband microstrip antenna with dual polarisation/multi-notch characteristics," IET Microwave Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 9, 1546-1553, 2018.
6. Shaik, L. A., et al., "Ultra-wideband monopole antenna for multiband and wideband frequency notch and narrowband applications," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 10, No. 11, 1204-1211, 2016.
7. Tang, Z., R. Lian, and Y. Yin, "Differential-fed UWB patch antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 22, 1728-1730, 2015.
8. Hung, W.-P., et al., "Non-invasive detection of object by UWB radar," 2017 Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 16971, IEEE, 2017.
9. Wu, S., et al., "Person-specific heart rate estimation with ultra-wideband radar using convolutional neural networks," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 16848494, 2019.
10. Shehata, M., M. S. Said, and H. Mostafa, "Dual notched band quad-element MIMO antenna with multitone interference suppression for IR-UWB wireless applications," IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propagat., Vol. 66, No. 11, 5737-5746, Nov. 2018.
11. Cai, Y.-Z., H.-C. Yang, and L.-Y. Cai, "Wideband monopole antenna with three band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 607-610, 2014.
12. Reddy, G. S., A. Kamma, and J. Mukherjee, "Compact printed monopole UWB antenna loaded with non-concentric open-ended rings for triple band-Notch characteristic," Proceeding in Proc. APMC, 221-223, Seoul, South Korea, Nov. 2013.
13. Tang, T.-C. and K.-H. Lin, "An ultrawideband MIMO antenna with dual band-notched function," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1076-1079, 2014.
14. Tripathi, S., A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejection," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1565-1568, 2015.
15. Terki, A. B., et al., "Design of compact UWB coplanar waveguide-fed modified sierpinski carpet fractal antenna," 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNCURSI Radio Science Meeting, 109192, IEEE, 2019.
16. Chaturvedi, D., A. Kumar, and S. Raghavan, "An integrated SIW cavity-backed slot antenna-triplexer," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, 1557-1560, Aug. 2018.
17. Kumar, K. and S. Dwari, "Substrate integrated waveguide cavity-backed self-triplexing slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 3249-3252, 2017.
18. Xu, F. and K. Wu, "Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 53, No. 1, 66-73, Jan. 2005.
19. Wu, J., Y. J. Cheng, and Y. Fan, "A wideband high-gain high- efficiency hybrid integrated plate array antenna for V-band inter-satellite links," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 4, 1225-1233, Apr. 2015.
20. Li, X., J. Xiao, Z. Qi, and H. Zhu, "Broadband and high-gain SIW-fed antenna array for 5G applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 56282-56289, Oct. 2018.
21. Chen, Z. and Z. Shen, "A compact cavity-backed endfire slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 281-284, 2014.
22. Caytan, O., et al., "Half-mode substrate-integrated-waveguide cavity-backed slot antenna on cork substrate," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 162-165, 2016.
23. Donelli, M., "A chipless RFID system based on substrate impedance waveguide resonators (SIW)," IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC), IEEE, Proceedings of: IEEE-APS, 29-32, Verona, Italy, Sept. 11–15, 2017.
24. Sorkherizi, M. S., A. Dadgarpour, and A. A. Kishk, "Planar high-efficiency antenna array using new printed ridge gap waveguide technology," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 7, 3772-3776, Jul. 2017.
25. Bozzi, M., A. Georgiadis, and K. Wu, "Review of substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) circuits and antennas," IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 8, 909-920, Jun. 2011.
26. Zahirul Alam, A. H. M., et al., "Design of a tuning fork type UWB patch antenna," International Journal of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Sciences, Vol. 0, No. 8, 1126-1129, Aug. 2007.
27. Donelli, M. and F. Robol, "Circularly polarized hook antenna for ISM-band systems," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 6, 1452-1454, 2018.
28. Donelli, M. and J. Iannacci, "Exploitation of RF-MEMS switches for the design of broadband modulated scattering technique wireless sensors," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 18, No. 1, 44-48, 2019.
29. Donelli, M., "A broadband modulated scattering technique (MST) probe based on a self complementary antenna," IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC), 2017 IEEE-APS, 25-28, Verona, Italy, Sept. 11–15, 2017.
30. Donelli, M. and P. Febvre, "An inexpensive reconfigurable planar array for Wi-Fi applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 28, 71-81, 2012.
31. Naghar, A., A. Vazquez Alejos, O. Aghzout, and M. Essaaidi, "Compact microstrip omnidirectional ultrawideband antenna with dual broad band nested U-shaped slots and flat frequency response," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 12, 2854-2856, 2015.
32. Naghar, A., F. Falcone, A. Vazquez Alejos, O. Aghzout, and D. Alvarez Outerelo, "A simple UWB tapered monopole antenna with dual wideband-notched performance by using single SRR-slot and single SRR-shaped conductor-backed plane," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 31, No. 9, 1048-1055, Sept. 2016.
33. Naghar, A., A. V. Alejos, F. Falcone, and O. Aghzout, "Synthesis design of single notched-band UWB antenna using the CSRR dynamic resonance," 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Davos, Switzerland, Apr. 11–15, 2016.
34. Naghar, A., A. V. Alejos, F. Falcone, and O. Aghzout, "UWB tapered microstrip antenna with wideband notch using single split ring resonators shaped parasitic conductor," IEEE APS-URSI, Fajardo (Puerto Rico), Fajardo (Puerto Rico), Jun. 26–Jul. 1, 2016.