In this paper, a four-element microstrip antenna array is presented. The array is composed of Wilkinson power dividers which act as feed network along with Dolph-Chebyshev distribution and four-identical patch antenna elements. The array elements are properly designed to have a compact size and constant gain against frequency. The simulated results show good agreement with the measured results for the fabricated antenna array. Measurement shows that the array has a peak gain of more than 12 dBi with side-lobe level of -15 dB at 6 GHz. These characteristics make the antenna array suitable for UWB directional uses.
2. Sadat, , S., , M. Fardis, F. G. Gharakhili, and G. R. Dadashzadeh, "A compact microstrip square-ring slot antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 173-179, 2007.
3. Fallahi, , R., A. A. Kalteh, and M. G. Roozbahani, , "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 82, , 127-136, , 2008.
4. Yin, , X.-C., , C.-L. Ruan, C.-Y. Ding, and J.-H. Chu, "A planar U type monopole antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, , Vol. 2, 1-10, 2008.
5. Wang, , H., , H. Zhang, X. Liu, and K. Huang, "A CPW-FED ultra-wideband planar inverted cone antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 12, , 101-112, 2010.
6. Kumar, , M., , A. Basu, and S. K. Koul, , "UWB printed slot antenna with improved performance in time and frequency domains," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 18, 197-210, , 2011.
7. Li, , P., , J. Liang, X. Chen, and C. Parini, , "A 4-element ultra-wideband tapered-slot-fed antenna array," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium,, 4475-4478, , 2006.
8. Sorgel, W., , C. Sturm, and W. Wiesbeck, "Impulse responses of linear UWB antenna arrays and the application to beam steering," Proc. IEEE International Conference on Ultra-wideband,, 275-280, 2005.
9. Liao, , C.-H., , P. Hsu, and D.-C. Chang, "Side lobe control of UWB antenna array for real beam radar imaging," International Conference on Applications of Electromagnetism and Student Innovation Competition Awards , 284-288, 2010.
10. Chen, , M. , J. Wang, and , "Planar UWB antenna array with CPW feeding network," Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, , 2008.
11. Wong, , K. L., , Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas,, John Wiley and Sons, Int., , 2002..
12. CST Microwave Studio Electromagnetic Field Simulation Soft-ware, Computer Simulation Technology, ..
13. Ali, , M. T., M. R. B. Kamarudin, T. B. A. Rahman, R. Sauleau, and M. N. Md Tan, "Design of reconfigurable multiple elements microstrip rectangular linear array antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 6, , 21-35, , 2009.
14. Ou, , X. P., Q.-X. Chu, and , "A modified two-section UWB Wilkinson power divider," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT),, Vol. 3, 1258-1260, 2008.
15. Yang, , L. , Q.-X. Chu, and , "Design of a compact UWB Wilkinson power divider," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), Vol. 1, 360-362, , 2008.
16. Lin, , Z., Q.-X. Chu, and , "A novel compact UWB power divider for spatial power combining," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 13, 1803-1812, , 2009..
17. Ahmed, , O. , A. R. Sebak, and , "A modified Wilkinson power divider/combiner for ultra-wideband communications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2009.
18. Zhou, , B., , H. Wang, and W.-X. Sheng, , "A modified UWB Wilkinson power divider using delta stub," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 49-55, , 2010.
19. Milligan, T. A., , "Modern Antenna Design, ," John Wiley & Sons,, 2005.
20. Pozar, , D. M. , "Microwave Engineering, ," Wiley,, 2005.
21. Tao, , F., , X. Jun, and W.-M. Yan, , "Design of 1 : 3 unequal Wilkinson power divider with defected ground structure," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), , 646-648, , 2010 .
doi: --- Either ISSN or Journal title must be supplied.