This paper describes a study on RF attenuation path loss behavior in suburban coverage within Cyberjaya and Putrajaya areas, located in Selangor State in Malaysia. The objective of this study is to develop and optimize a path loss model based on the existing Hata path loss model and outdoor measurement using frequency range from 400 MHz to 1800 MHz. The optimized model had been used and validated at places within Putrajaya area to find the relative error in order to assess its performance. The values for modified empirical parameters of Hata model were developed and presented in this paper. From the simulation result, the optimized model is found to best fit into the base station located at Putrajaya with smaller mean relative error. The smaller mean error shows that the optimization has been done successfully and thus, this optimized model can be useful to telecommunication providers in Malaysia in order to improve their service for mobile user satisfaction.
2. Alotaibi, F. D., A. Abdennour, and A. A. Ali, "A realtime intelligent wireless mobile station location estimator with application to TETRA network," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 8, 1495-1509, 2009.
3. Lim, C. Y., Propagation path loss study in malaysia environment, Master Thesis Multi Media University, August 2004.
4. Hata, M., "Empirical formula for propagation loss in land mobile radio services," IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, Vol. 29, 317-325, 1980.
5. Micheal, D. Y., Foundation of Mobile Radio Engineering, CRC Press Inc., 2000.
6. Rappaport, T. S., Wireless Communications Principles and Practice, Prentice Hall, 2002.
7. Jacques, L. and S. Michel, Radio Wave Propagation Principles and Techniques, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2000.
8. Medeisis, A. and A. Kajackas, "Modification and tuning of the universal okumura-hata model for radio wave propagation predictions ," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2007, Vol. 11-14, 1-4, 2007.
9. Egli, J. J., "Radio propagation above 40 MC over irregular terrain," Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 45, No. 10, 1383-1391, 1957.
10. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egli Model.
11. William, C. and Y. Lee, Mobile Communication Design Fundamentals, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1993.
12. Parsons, J. D., "The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel," John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1992.
13. Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), http://www.skmm.gov.my .
15. Google Map Malaysia, http://maps.google.com.my/.
16., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative error.