By using parallel strip line fed printed dipole antennas as array elements, an omnidirectional antenna array and a wide angle sector coverage array operating in octave band are designed. A maximum deviation of ±1.25 dB from the omnidirectional pattern is achieved for the omnidirectional array, and the average gain of the antenna was measured as being 5 dB in the 1.35-2.7 GHz band. For the sector coverage array, a special reflector design is utilized to maintain a half power beam width of around 115° with a standard deviation of 14° in the aforementioned frequency band. The average gain of the sector coverage array was measured as 10 dB, thereby being almost three fold larger than the average gain of the omnidirectional array.
2. Chen, Z. N. and M. Y. W. Chia, Broadband Planar Antennas: Design and Applications, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., West Sussex, England, 2006.
3. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Rectangular slot antenna with patch stub for ultra wideband applications and phased array systems," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 53, 227-237, 2005.
4. Chen, W.-F., D. Yu, and S.-X. Gong, "An omnidirectional triple-band circular patch antenna based on open elliptical-ring slots and the shorting vias," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 150, 197-203, 2015.
5. Kim, G.-H. and T.-Y. Yun, "Small wideband monopole antenna with a distributed inductive strip for LTE/GSM/UMTS," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1677-1680, 2015.
6. Abedian, M., H. Oraizi, S. K. A. Rahim, S. Danesh, M. R. Ramli, and M. H. Jamaluddin, "Wideband rectangular dielectric resonator antenna for low-profile applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 1, 115-119, 2018.
7. Wong, K. L., F. R. Hsiao, and T. W. Chiou, "Omnidirectional planar dipole array antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 2, 624-628, Feb. 2004.
8. Wong, K. L., J. W. Lai, and F. R. Hsiao, "Omnidirectional planar dipole array antenna for 2.4/5.2-GHz WLAN access points," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 39, 33-36, 2003.
9. Lu, J. H. and Y. H. Liu, "Planar dual-band dipole array for long-term evolution/worldwide interoperability for microwave access points ," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 3, 811-815, Mar. 2012.
10. Wei, K., Z. Zhang, W. Chen, Z. Feng, and M. F. Iskander, "A triband shunt-fed omnidirectional planar dipole array," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 850-853, 2010.
11. Yu, Y., J. Xiong, and R. Wang, "A wideband omnidirectional antenna array with low gain variation," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 386-389, 2016.
12. Thomas, K. G. and N. Lenin, "Collinear printed array antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, 582-1584, 2008.
13. Chen, X., K. Huang, and X. B. Xu, "A novel planar slot array antenna with omnidirectional pattern," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 12, 4853-4857, 2011.
14. Moradi, K. and S. Nikmehr, "A dual-band dual-polarized microstrip array antenna for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 123, 527-541, 2012.
15. Nguyen, V.-A., R. S. Aziz, S.-O. Park, and G. Yoon, "A design of multiband, dual-polarization, beam-switchable dual-antenna for indoor base stations," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 149, 147-160, 2014.
16. Quan, X. L., R. L. Li, J. Y. Wang, and Y. H. Cui, "Development of a broadband horizontally polarized omnidirectional planar antenna and its array for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 128, 441-456, 2012.
17. Lee, W.-S., K.-S. Oh, and J.-W. Yu, "A wideband planar monopole antenna array with circular polarized and band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 128, 381-398, 2012.
18. Duffley, B. G., G. A. Morin, M. Mikavica, and Y. M. M. Antar, "A wide-band printed double-sided dipole array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 2, 628-631, 2004.
19. Yang, L., W. Tan, Z. Shen, and W. Wu, "Wide-band wide-coverage linear array of four semi-circular sector horns," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 8, 3980-3984, 2012.
20. Tefiku, F., "Broadband sector zone base station antennas," Proceedings of IEEE-APS Conference on Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communications, 109-112, 1998.