In this paper, a novel CPW-fed triple band metamaterial inspired antenna with modified ground plane is presented. The metamaterial inspired structures such as split ring resonator (SRR) and non bianisotropic complementary split ring resonator (NBCSRR) are embeded in this antenna for triple band operation. The proposed antenna with a compact size of 25 x 31.7 x 1.6 mm3 is fabricated and tested. The antenna with good radiation characteristics is suitable for WIMAX, C band and WLAN applications The simulated and measured results are discussed and are in good agreement with each other.
2. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 2005.
3. Baena, J. D., J. Bonache, F. Martin, R. M. Sillero, F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, J. Garcfa-Farcfa, I. Gil, M. F. Portillo, and M. S, "Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, 1451-1461, 2005.
4. Joshi, J. G., S. S. Pattnaik, S. Devi, and M. R. Lohokare, "Electrically small patch antenna loaded with metamaterial," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 56, 373-379, 2011.
5. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "A CPW-fed triple band OCSRR embedded monopole antenna with modified ground for WLAN and WIMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Wiley Interscience, Vol. 57, 2413–2418, 2015.
6. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "Broadband monopole antenna with split ring resonator loaded substrate for good impedance matching," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, 2388-2392, 2014.
7. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "Microstrip antenna with complementary split ring resonator loaded ground plane for gain enhancement," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 2, 292-296, 2015.
8. Antoniades, M. A. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "A broadband dual-mode monopole antenna using NRI-TL metamaterial loading," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 258-261, 2009.
9. Si, L. M., W. Zhu, and H. J. Sun, "A compact, planar, and CPW-fed metamaterial-inspired dualband antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 305-308, 2013.
10. Si, L.-M., H.-J. Sun, Y. Yuan, and X. Lv, "CPW-fed compact planar UWB antenna with circular disc and spiral split ring resonators," PIERS Proceedings, 502-505, Beijing, China, Mar. 23–27, 2009.
11. Samson Daniel, R., R. Pandeeswari, and S. Raghavan, "Offset-fed complementary split ring resonators loaded monopole antenna for multiband operations," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEU), Vol. 78, 72-78, 2017.
12. Samson Daniel, R., R. Pandeeswari, and S. Raghavan, "Multiband monopole antenna loaded with complementary split ring resonator and C-shaped slots," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEU), Vol. 75, 8-14, 2017.
13. Boopathi Rani, R. and S. K. Pandey, "CSRR inspired conductor backed CPW-fed monopole antenna for multiband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 70, 135-143, 2016.
14. Cao, W., Y. Xiang, B. Zhang, A. Liu, T. Yu, and D. Guo, "A low-cost compact patch antenna with beam steering based on CSRR-loaded ground," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1520-1523, 2011.
15. Sousa Neto, M. P., H. C. C. Fernandes, and C. G. Moura, "Design of a ultrawide band monopole antenna using split ring resonator for notching frequencies," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, 1471-1473, 2014.
16. Yang, X., Z. Yu., Q. Shi., and R. Tao, "Design of novel ultra-wideband antenna with individual SRR," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 19, 1109-1110, 2008.