A novel of wideband monopole antenna with UTM-Logo shape is proposed to create specific wide band frequencies which can be applied in the cognitive radio. The antenna is designed to be operated between 1.98 to 6.46 GHz frequency bands (106.16%). It has been fabricated on 30×51 mm2 FR4 board with thickness of 1.6 mm and the dielectric permittivity and tangent loss of 4.7 and 0.019, respectively. Two slots also been attached on the ground plane for the purpose of increasing the bandwidth of antenna. Simulation and measurement results show good agreement.
2. WaterHouse, B. R., Microstrip Patch Antenna Design Guide, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2003.
3. Ang, B. and B. Chung, "A wideband E-shaped microstrip patch," IEEE Electromagnetics Research, 397-407, 2007.
4. Diet, A., A. Azoulay, A. Joisel, and B. Duchene, "A UWB micro-strip antenna design and simulation," Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Wireless Technology, 2007.
5. Jonson, J. and Y. R. Samii, "The tab monopole," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 1, 187-188, 1997.
6. Wu, Q., R. Jin, and J. Geng, "Pulse preserving capabilities of printed circular disk monopole antennas with different substrates," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 349-360, 2008.
7. Ren, W., Z. G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Novel planar monopole UWB antenna with 5-6 GHz band-notched characteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1645-1652, 2007.
8. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, B.-Z. Wang, Q.-Y. Qin, B. He, and D.-M. Wan, "A novel planar monopole antenna with an H-shaped ground plane for dual-band WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2229-2239, 2007.
9. Picher, C., J. Anguera, A. Cabedo, P. Puente, and S. Kahng, "Multiband handset antenna using slots on the ground plane: Considerations to facilitate the integration of the feeding transmission line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 7, 95-109, 2009.
10. Mahmoud, M., "Improving the bandwidth of U-slot microstrip antenna using a new," IEEE Regoin 5 Conference, 1-6, 2008.
11. Zhao, A. and X. Zhang, "Enhanced-bandwidth PIFA antenna with a slot on ground plane," PIERS Proceedings, 1268-1272, Beijing, China, 2009.
12. Prombutr, N., P. Kirawanich, and P. Akkaraekthali, "Bandwidth enhancement of UWB microstrip antenna with a modified ground plane," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 55, No. 5, 196-200, 2009.