In this paper, a small modified circle-like slot antenna with modified radiating patch, for UWB applications is proposed. The proposed antenna consists of a modified radiating patch with novel notch and a semi-circle-like with a slope which provides a wide usable fractional bandwidth of more than 135% (3.07-16.26 GHz). By optimizing the notched radiating patch, the total bandwidth of the antenna is greatly improved. The designed antenna has a small size of 27.5×27.5 mm2.
2. Rao, P. H., "Feed effects on the dimensions of wide-band slot antennas ," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 40, 77-79, 2004.
3. Rao, P. H., V. F. Fusco, and R. Cahill, "Linearly polarized radial stub fed high performance wide-band slot antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 37, 335-337, 2001.
4. Jang, Y. W., "Broadband cross-shaped microstrip-fed slot antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 36, 2056-2057, 2000.
5. Yang, M. and Y. Chen, "A novel U-shaped planar microstrip antenna for dual-frequency mobile telephone communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 1, 1002-1004, Jun. 2001.
6. Pues, H. F. and A. R. Van de Capelle, "An impedance matching technique for increasing the bandwidth of microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 37, No. 11, 1345-1354, Nov. 1989.
7. Yang, F., X.-X. Zhang, X. Ye, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Wide-band E-patched patch antenna for wireless communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 7, 1094-1100, Jul. 2001.
8. Chang, E., S. A. Long, and W. F. Richards, "Experimental investigation of electrically thick rectangular microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 34, No. 6, 767-772, Jun. 1986.
9. Ojaroudi, M., G. Kohneshahri, and J. Noory, "Small modified monopole antenna for UWB application," IET Microw, Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, No. 5, 863-869, Aug. 2009.
10. Ojaroudi, M., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Small square monopole antenna with inverted T-shaped notch in the ground plane for UWB application," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, No. 1, 728-731, 2009.
11. Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulation (HFSS), Ver. 10, Ansoft Corporation, 2005.