In this paper, direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation of a single narrow-band source with uniform linear arrays is addressed. The basic idea is to convert the received data to a correlation sequence which can be modelled as a noisy sinusoid. Then the computationally attractive and accurate generalized weighted linear predictor frequency estimator is applied for DOA determination. The effectiveness of the proposed method is demonstrated via computer simulations.
2. Haykin, S., Advances in Spectrum Analysis and Array Processing, Vol. 2, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1991.
3. Krim, H. and M. Viberg, "Two decades of array processing research: The parametric approach," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 13, No. 4, 67-94, Jul. 1996.
4. Wax, M., "Detection and estimation of superimposed signals," Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 1982.
5. Evans, J. E., J. R. Johnson, and D. F. Sun, Application of advanced signal processing techniques to angle of arrival estimation in ATC navigation and surveillance systems , Technical Report #582, Lincoln laboratory, MIT, Jun. 1982.
6. Hertz, D. and I. Ziskind, "Fast approximate maximum likelihood algorithm for single source localization," IEE Proc. Radar. Sonar. Navig., Vol. 142, No. 5, 232-235, Oct. 1995.
7. Stoica, P. and O. Besson, "Maximum likelihood DOA estimation for constant-modulus signal," IEE Electronics Letters, Vol. 36, No. 9, 849-851, Apr. 2000.
8. Schmidt, R. O., "A signal subspace approach to multiple emitter location and spectral estimation ," Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 1985.
9. So, H. C. and F. K. W. Chan, "A generalized weighted linear predictor frequency estimation approach for a complex sinusoid," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 4, 1304-1315, Apr. 2006.
10. So, H. C. and F. K. W. Chan, "Approximate maximum likelihood algorithms for two-dimensional frequency estimation of a complex sinusoid," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 8, 3231-3237, Aug. 2006.
11. Stoica, P., "Asymptotic second-order properties of sample partial correlations," IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Vol. 37, No. 6, 925-955, Jun. 1989.
12. Kay, S., "A fast and accurate single frequency estimation," IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Vol. 37, 1987-1990, Nov. 1989.
13. Tayem, N. and H. M. Kwon, "L-shape 2-dimensional arrival angle estimation with propagator method," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 5, 1622-1630, May 2005.
14. Kumaresan, R., L. L. Scharf, and A. K. Shaw, "An algorithm for pole-zero modeling and spectral analysis," IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Vol. 34, No. 3, 637-640, Jun. 1986.