As wireless communication applications require more and more bandwidth, the demand for wideband antennas increases as well. One of the most applicable frequency bands is X-band (8-12 GHz). X-band frequencies are used in satellite communications. Radar applications, terrestrial communications and networking, motion detection and etc. Fractal passive Microstrip antennas are simple and novel structures that attract much attraction recently. In this paper, new Microstrip sierpinski modified and fractalized antenna using multilayer structure for achieving wideband behavior in X-band which in 7-10.6 GHz portion overlaps UWB working range. Using fractal defection in patch, multi higher order modes are inspired for coupling a much wider bandwidth. Roggers TMM3 (εr = 3.38) is used in this antenna as substrate. Working range for this antenna is from 7.7 GHz to 16.7 GHz (BW = 9 GHz). This antenna has simple structure, small size and 4 resonance frequencies. This fabricated and tested antenna is designed by Ansoft Designer software.
2. Diaz-Guerrero, D. S., F. Montoya, L. Gaggero-Sager, and R. Perez-Alvarez, "Transmittance and fractality in a Cantor-like multibarrier system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 149-155, 2008.
3. Khan, S. N., J. Hu, J. Xiong, and S. He, "Circular fractal monopole antenna for low VSWR UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 19-25, 2008.
4. Albooyeh, M., N. Kamjani, and M. Shobeyri, "A novel crosss-lot geometry to improve impedance bandwidth of microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 63-72, 2008.
5. Astanin, L. Y. and A. A. Kostylev, Ultrawideband Radar Measurements Analysis and Processing, IEE, London, U.K, 1997.
6. Kumar, G. and K. P. Ray, "Stacked gap-coupled multiresonator rectangular microstrip antennas," IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Digest, 514-517, Bostan, MA, July 2001.
7. Danideh, A., R. Sadeghi Fakhr, and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband co-planar microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 81-89, 2008.
8. Ray, I., M. Khan, D. Mondal, and A. K. Bhattacharjee, "Effect on resonant frequency for E-plane mutually coupled microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 133-140, 2008.
9. Ataeiseresht, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A novel analysis of Minkowski fractal microstrip patch antenna," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 8, 1115-1127, 2006.
10. Cui, G., Y. Liu, and S.-X. Gong, "A novel fractal patch antenna with low RCS," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 21, No. 15, 2403-2411, 2007.
11. Aldirmaz, S. and L. Durak, "Broadband interference excision in spread spectrum communication systems based on short-time Fourier transformation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 309-320, 2008.
12. Mailloux, R. J., et al., "Microstrip array technology," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagate., Vol. 29, 25-37, January 1981.
13. Pozar, D. M. and D. H. Schaubert, Microstrip Antennas: The Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, IEEE Press, New York, 1995.
14. Luk, K. M. and K. F. Lee, "Circular U-slot patch with dielectric superstrate," Electronics Letters, Vol. 33, No. 12, 1001-1002, 1997.
15. Sabban, A., "A new broadband stacked two-layer microstrip antenna," IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Digest, 63-66, June 1983.
16. Chen, A. H., A. Tulintse, and R. M. Sorbello, "Broadband two layer microstrip antenna," IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Digest, Vol. 2, 251-254, June 1984.