This article aims to provide a novel and efficient technique for pattern shaping and null steering in the environment of unwanted interferences. This paper presents a DSP based method, where at first DFT coefficients are obtained from spatial domain sampling and then operating by suitable window function gives new set of DFT coefficients. IFFT(IDFT) over these coefficients provide complex weights which adaptively introduces null in the direction interference while keeping the main beam toward desired signal.
2. Steyskal, H., "Simple method for pattern nulling by phase perturbation," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, 163-166, 1983.
3. Haupt, R. L., "Phase-only adaptive nulling with a genetic algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 45, 1009-1015, 1997.
4. Vescovo, R., "Null synthesis by phase control for antenna arrays," Electronics Letters, Vol. 36, No. 33, Feb. 2000.
5. Vu, T. B., "Method of null steering without using phase-shifters," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Vol. 131, 242-246, Pt. H, Aug. 1984.
6. Vu, T. B., "Null steering by controlling current amplitudes only," IEEE Antennas Propagat. SOC. Int. Symp. Dig., 811-814, 1984.
7. Alfred, Q. M., T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. K. Sanyal, "A novel wideband subarray technique for shaped pattern generation and adaptively interference rejection," Int. Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 29, No. 3, March 2008.
8. Wu, W.-C. and Y. J. Wang, "A study of beam pattern generation methods for antenna array system," Journal of Science and Engineering Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, 7-12, March 2005.
9. Guney, K. and M. Onay, "Amplitude-only pattern nulling of linear antenna arrays with the use of bees algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 21-36, 2007.
10. Mismar, M. J. and T. H. Ismail, "Pattern nulling by iterative phase perturbation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 22, 181-195, 1999.
11. Ismail, T. H., M. J. Mismar, and M. M. Dawoud, "Linear array pattern synthesis for wide band sector nulling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 21, 91-101, 1999.
12. Chung, Y. C. and R. L. Haupt, "Amplitude and phase adaptive nulling with a genetic algorithm," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 14, 631-649, 2000.
13. Mouhamadou, M., P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Smart antenna array patterns synthesis: Null steering and multi-user beamforming by phase control," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 95-106, 2006.
14. Mouhamadou, M., P. Armand, P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Interference suppression of the linear antenna arrays controlled by phase with use of SQP algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 251-265, 2006.
15. Mitilineos, S. A., S. C. A. Thomopoulos, and C. N. Capsalis, "Genetic design of dual-band, switched-beam dipole arrays, with elements failure correction, retaining constant excitation coefficients," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1925-1942, 2006.
16. Mahanti, G. K., A. Chakraborty, and S. Das, "Design of fully digital controlled reconfigurable array antennas with fixed dynamic rage ratio," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 97-106, 2007.
17. Lee, K. C. and J. Y. Jhang, "Application of particle swarm algorithm to the optimization of unequally spaced antenna arrays," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 2001-2012, 2006.
18. Akdagli, A. and K. Guney, "A clonal selection algorithm for null synthesizing of linear antenna arrays by amplitude control," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1007-1020.
19. Akdagli, A., K. Guney, and B. Babayigit, "Clonal selection algorithm for design of reconfigurable antenna array with discrete phase shifters," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 215-227, 2007.
20. Hosseini, S. A. and Z. Atlasbaf, "Optimization of side lobe level and fixing Quasi-nulls in both of the sum and difference patterns by using continuous ant colony optimization (ACO) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 321-337, 2008.