New fractal geometry for microstrip antennas is presented in this paper. This fractal structure is implemented on hexagonal and several iteration is applied on initial shape. This antenna has lowprofile, lightweight and is easy to be fabricated and has successfully demonstrated multiband and broadband characteristics. The simulated results showthat proposed antenna has very good performance in impedance bandwidth and radiation pattern.
2. Cohen, N., "Fractal antenna application in wireless telecommunications," Proc. Professional Program Electronic Industry Forum, 1997.
3. Werner, D. H. and R. Mittra (eds.), Frontiers in Electromagnetics, IEEE Press, New York, 2000.
4. Puente, C., J. Romeu, and A. Cardama, "The Koch monopole: A small fractal antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Nov. 2000.
5. Romeu, J. and J. Soler, "Generalized Sierpinski fractal multiband antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Aug. 2001.
6. Puente, C., J. Romeu, R. Pous, and A. Cardama, "On the behavior of the Sierpinski multiband antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Apr. 1998.
7. Puente, C., J. Romeu, R. Pous, X. Garcia, and F. Benitez, "Fractal multi-band antenna based on the Sierpinski gasket," Eiectron. Len., Jan. 1996.