This paper links joint direction of arrival (DOA) and frequency estimation problem to the trilinear model and derives a novel blind joint angle and frequency estimation algorithm. The proposed algorithm has better performance than ESPRIT algorithm. Our proposed algorithm is thought of as a generalization of ESPRIT. The useful behavior of the proposed algorithm is verified by simulations.
2. Yang, Y., Y. Wang, and A. E. Fathy, "Design of compact vivaldi antenna arrays for UWB see through wall applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 401-418, 2008.
3. Mouhamadou, M., P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Smart antenna array patterns synthesis: Null steering and multi-user beamforming by phase control," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 95-106, 2006.
4. Gustafsson, M., "RCS reduction of integrated antenna arrays withresistiv e sheets," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 27-40, 2006.
5. Liu, H.-X., H. Zhai, L. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "Progressive numerical method combined with MON for a fast analysis of large waveguide slot antenna array," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 183-192, 2006.
6. Fu, Y.-Q., Q.-R. Zheng, Q. Gao, and G. Zhang, "Mutual coupling reduction between large antenna arrays using electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 819-825, 2006.
7. Li, B., B. Wu, and C.-H. Liang, "Highgain circular waveguide array antenna using electromagnetic band-gap structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 955-966, 2006.
8. Guo, J., J.-Y. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Analysis of antenna array with arbitrarily shaped radomes using fast algorithm based on VSIE," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1399-1410, 2006.
9. Psarros, I. and G. Fikioris, "Two-term theory for infinite linear array and application to study of resonances," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 5, 623-645, 2006.
10. Lei, J., G. Fu, L. Yang, and D. M. Fu, "An omnidirectional printed dipole array antenna withsh aped radiation pattern in the elevation plane," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1955-1966, 2006.
11. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008.
12. Xiao, S.-Q., J. Chen, X.-F. Liu, and B.-Z.Wang, "Spatial focusing characteristics of time reversal UWB pulse transmission with different antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 223-232, 2008.
13. Landesa, L., I. T. Castro, J. M. Taboada, and F. Obelleiro, "Bias of the maximum likelihood DOA estimation from inaccurate knowledge of the antenna array response," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1205-1217, 2007.
14. Lizzi, L., F. Viani, M. Benedetti, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "The M-DSO-Esprit method for maximum likelihood DOA estimation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 477-497, 2008.
15. Gu, Y.-J., Z.-G. Shi, K. S. Chen, and Y. Li, "Robust adaptive beamforming for steering vector uncertainties based on equivalent DOAs method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 277-290, 2008.
16. Lie, J. P., B. P. Ng, and C. M. See, "Multiple UWB emitters DOA estimation employing time hopping spread spectrum," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 83-101, 2008.
17. Mukhopadhyay, M., B. K. Sarkar, and A. Chakrabarty, "Augmentation of anti-jam GPS system using smart antenna with a simple DOA estimation algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 231-249, 2007.
18. Harabi, F., H. Changuel, and A. Gharsallah, "Direction of arrival estimation method using a 2-L shape arrays antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 145-160, 2007.
19. Changuel, H., F. Harabi, and A. Gharsallah, "2-L-shape two-dimensional arrival angle estimation witha classical subspace algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 301-315, 2006.
20. Djeddou, M., A. Belouchrani, and S. Aouada, "Maximum likelihood angle-frequency estimation in partially known correlated noise for low-elevation targets," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 53, No. 8, 3057-3064, 2005.
21. Zoltowski, M. D. and C. P. Mathews, "Real-time frequency and 2-D angle estimation withsub-Nyquist spatio-temporal sampling," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 42, 2781-2794, 1994.
22. Haardt, M. and J. A. Nossek, "3-D unitary ESPRIT for joint angle and carrier estimation," Proc. ICASSP, 255-258, Munich, Germany, 1997.
23. Lemma, A. N., A.-J. van der Veen, and E. F. Deprettere, "Joint angle frequency estimation using multi-resolution ESPRIT," Proc. ICASSP, Vol. 4, 1957-1960, Seattle, WA, 1998.
24. Lemma, A. N., A. J. van der Veen, and E. F. Deorettere, "Analysis of joint angle-frequency estimation using ESPRIT," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 51, No. 5, 1264-1283, 2003.
25. Chen, H., Y. Wang, and Z. Wu, "Frequency and 2-D angle estimation based on uniform circular array," 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology, 547-552, 2003.
26. Fu, T., S. Jin, and X. Gao, "Joint 2-D angle and frequency estimation for uniform circular array," 2006 International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems Proceedings, Vol. 1, 230-233, 2006.
27. Wang, S. and X. Zhou, "Direction-of-arrival and frequency estimation in array signal processing," Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Vol. 33, No. 1, 40-42, 1999.
28. Jia, W., M. Yao, and J. Song, "Joint frequency, two dimensional arrival angles estimations via marked signal subspace," The 8th International Conference on Signal Processing, Vol. 1, 16-20, 2006.
29. Lin, C., W. Fang, K. Wu, and J. Lin, "Fast algorithm for joint azimuthand elevation angles, and frequency estimation via hierarchical space-time decomposition," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vol. 2, 1061-1064, 2007.
30. Kruskal, J. B., "Three-way arrays: Rank and uniqueness of trilinear decompositions, with application to arithmetic complexity and statistics," Linear Algebra Applicat., Vol. 18, 95-138, 1977.
31. Pham, T. and J. Mocks, "Beyond principal component analysis: A trilinear decomposition model and least squares estimation," Psychometrika, Vol. 57, No. 2, 203-215, 1992.
32. Wu, H., R. Yu, and K. Oguma, "Trilinear component analysis in modern analytical chemistry," Anal. Sci., Vol. 17, 1483-1486, 2001.
33. Wise, B. M., N. B. Gallagher, S. W. Butler, D. D. White, and G. G. Barna, "A comparison of principal component analysis, multiway principal component analysis, trilinear decomposition and parallel factor analysis for fault detection in a semiconductor etch process," Journal of Chemometrics, Vol. 13, 379-396, 1999.
34. Henrion, R. and C. A. Andersson, "A new criterion for simple-structure core transformations in N-way principal components analysis," Chemom. Intell. Lab. Syst., Vol. 47, 189-204, 1999.
35. De Lathauwer, L., B. de Moor, and J. Vandewalle, "Computation of the canonical decomposition by means of a simultaneous generalized schur decomposition," SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., Vol. 26, No. 2, 295-327, 2004.
36. De Lathauwer, L., "A link between the canonical decomposition in multilinear algebra and simultaneous matrix diagonalization," SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., Vol. 28, No. 3, 642-666, 2006.
37. Vorobyov, S. A., Y. Rong, N. D. Sidiropoulos, and A. B. Gershman, "Robust iterative fitting of multilinear models," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 53, No. 8, 2678-2689, 2005.
38. Bro, R., N. D. Sidiropoulos, and G. B. Giannakis, "A fast least squares algorithm for separating trilinear mixtures," International Workshop Independent Component Analysis and Blind Signal Separation, 289-294, Aussois, France, 1999.