The earlier developed combined beam-absent analysis of the disc-loaded-coaxial waveguide in two-configurations (part-1) has shown promise for wideband gyro-traveling-wave tube (gyro-TWT) if the configurations are used as interaction structure. In the present paper, the beam-present dispersion relation and small-signal gain equation in Pierce's format for the disc-loaded-coaxial waveguide were developed. A broadening of the device bandwidth was presented by disc-loading the coaxial waveguide interaction structure of a gyro-TWT with a comparison against the circular cylindrical waveguide, coaxial waveguide, and disc-loaded circular waveguide in their respective gain-frequency responses obtained by using a numerical computer code on the basis of the present beam-present analysis.
2. Rao, S. J., P. K. Jain, and B. N. Basu, "Two-stage dielectric-loading for broadbanding a gyro-TWT," IEEE Electron Dev. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 6, 303-305, Jun. 1996.
3. Rao, S. J., P. K. Jain, and B. N. Basu, "Hybrid-mode helix-loading effects on gyro-travelling-wave tubes," Int. J. Electronics, Vol. 82, 663-675, 1997.
4. Singh, G., "Analytical study of the interaction structure of vane-loaded gyro-traveling wave tube amplifier," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 41-66, 2008.
5. Kesari, V., P. K. Jain, and B. N. Basu, "Analysis of a circular waveguide loaded with thick annular metal discs for wideband gyro-TWTs," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 33, No. 4, 1358-1365, Aug. 2005.
6. Kesari, V., Analysis of Disc-loaded Circular Waveguides for Wideband Gyro-TWTs, LAP-Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co., Germany (ISBN: 978-3-8383-1145-6), 2009.
7. Basu, B. N., Electromagnetic Theory and Applications in Beam-Wave Electronics, World Scientific, Singapore, 1996.
8. Sangster, A. J., "Small-signal analysis of the travelling-wave gyrotron using Pierce parameters," Proc. IEE, Vol. 127, 45-52, 1980.
9. Sangster, A. J., "Small-signal bandwidth characteristics of a travelling-wave gyrotron amplifier," Int. J. Electronics, Vol. 51, 583-594, 1981.
10. Malek, F., "The analytical design of a folded waveguide traveling wave tube and small signal gain analysis using Madey's theorem," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 137-162, 2009.
11. Pierce, J. R., Traveling-Wave Tubes, D. Van Nostrand, New Jersey, 1950.
12. Zhu, Z. J., B. F. Jia, and D. M. Wan, "Efficiency improvement of helix traveling-wave tube," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 13, 1747-1756, 2008.
13. Duan, Z. Y., Y. B. Gong, Y. Y. Wei, W. X. Wang, B.-I. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Efficiency improvement of broadband helix traveling wave tubes using hybrid phase velocity tapering model," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 7, 1013-1023, 2008.
14. Waldron, R. A., Theory of Guided Electromagnetic Waves, Van Nostrand Reinhold, London, 1970.
15. Vlasov, A. A., "The vibrational properties of an electron gas," Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., Vol. 8, 291-318, 1938.