In this paper, one of the subspace signal processing methods, namely time reversal multiple signal classification (TR-MUSIC), is firstly employed for electromagnetic subsurface detection where the multilayered dyadic Green's function is used. Therewith, one obtains the improved location and superresolution imaging for underground detecting application. The imaging pseudo-spectrum is accordingly defined for both the echo-mode and transmit-mode TR-MUSIC methods, by analyzing the obtained multistatic response matrix. Based on the theoretical formula, we carry out the numerical simulation using the half-space dyadic Green's function in noisy scenario. The results show that the MUSIC imaging algorithm achieves the enhanced resolution and the transmit-mode method gives more robust output when performance comparison of the four methods is made, therefore indicate the TR-MUSIC could be a good candidate for subsurface detection.
2. Prada, C., J. L. Thomas, and M. Fink, "The iterative time reversal process: Analysis of the convergence," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 97, 62-71, 1995.
3. Kuperman, W. A., W. S. Hodgkiss, H. C. Song, T. Akal, C. Ferla, and D. R. Jackson, "Phase conjugation in the ocean: Experimental demonstration of an acoustic time reversal mirror," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 103, 25-40, 1998.
4. Zheng, W., Z. Zhao, and Z.-P. Nie, "Application of TRM in the UWB through wall radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 279-296, 2008.
5. Zheng, W., Z. Zhao, Z.-P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Evaluation of TRM in the complex through wall environment," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 235-254, 2009.
6. Prada, C., S. Manneville, D. Spoliansky, and M. Fink, "Decomposition ofthe time reversal operator: Detection and selective focusing on two scatterers," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 99, 2067-2076, 1996.
7. Folegot, T., C. Prada, and M. Fink, "Resolution enhancement and separation of reverberation from target echo with the time reversal operator decomposition," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 113, 3155-5160, 2003.
8. Tortel, H., G. Micolau, and M. Saillard, "Decomposition of the time reversal operator for electromagnetic scattering," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 5, 687-719, 1999.
9. Chambers, D. and A. Gautesen, "Time reversal for a single spherical scatter," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 109, 2616-2624, 2001.
10. Mordant, N., C. Prada, and M. Fink, "Highly resolved detection and selective focusing in a waveguide using the D.O.R.T. method," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 105, 2634-2642, 1999.
11. Gaumond, C. F., D. M. Fromm, J. F. Lingevitch, R. Menis, G. F. Edelmann, D. C. Calvo, and E. Kim, "Demonstration at sea of the decomposition-of-the-time-reversal-operator technique," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 119, 976-990, 2006.
12. Rao, T. and X. Chen, "Analysis of the time-reversal operator fora single cylinder under two-dimensional settings," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 15, 2153-2165, 2006.
13. Chen, X., "Time-reversal operator for a small sphere in electromagnetic fields," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1219-1230, 2007.
14. Devaney, A. J., "Time reversal imaging of obscured targets from multistatic data," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 53, 1600-1610, 2005.
15. Devaney, A. J., E. A. Marengo, and F. K. Gruber, "Time-reversal-based imaging and inverse scattering of multiply scattering point targets," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 115, 3129-3138, 2005.
16. Gruber, F. K., E. A. Marengo, and A. J. Devaney, "Time-reversal imaging with multiple signal classification considering multiple scattering between the targets ," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 115, 3042-3047, 2004.
17. Ammari, H., E. Iakovleva, D. Lesselier, and G. Perrusson, "MUSIC type electromagnetic imaging of a collection of small three-dimensional inclusions," SIAM J. Sci. Comput., Vol. 29, 674-709, 2007.
18. Zhong, Y. and X. Chen, "MUSIC imaging and electromagnetic inverse scattering of multiply scattering small anisotropic spheres," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 55, 3542-3549, 2007.
19. Chen, X. and K. Agarwal, "MUSIC algorithm for two-dimensional inverse problems with special characteristics of cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 56, 1808-1812, 2008.
20. Odendaal, J. W., E. Barnard, and C. W. I. Pistorius, "Two dimensional superresolution radar imaging using the MUSIC algorithm," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 42, No. 10, 1386-1391, 1994.
21. Yoon, Y. S. and M. G. Amin, "High-resolution trough-the-wall radar imaging using beamspace MUSIC," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 56, 1763-1774, 2008.
22. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, 2nd Ed., IEEE Press, New-York, 1995.
23. Xiao, S.-Q., J. Chen, X.-F. Liu, and B.-Z.Wang, "Spatial focusing characteristics of time reversal UWB pulse transmission with different antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 223-232, 2008.
24. Yu, G. and T.-J. Cui, "Imaging and localization properties of LHM superlens excited by 3D horizontal electric dipoles," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 1, 35-46, 2007.