Aim of this paper is to present an efficient scheme of domain decomposition to study, in the time domain, multiple scattering by separated obstacles and sources with any composition and geometry, in an homogeneous media. A method of decomposition into disjointed sub-domains is proposed, resting onto an homogeneous and adaptable approximation of coupling terms and leading to a natural parallelized and hybrid numerical schema. It permits to significantly lower the cumulative error of dissipation and/or dispersion introduced by classical scheme. It also leads to a suitable answer for a wide class of problems involving large scattering scenes limiting for classical time domain methods. Numerical examples are given to illustrate it.
2. Bernardi, P., M. Cavagnaro, S. Pisa, and E. Piuzzi, Evaluation of human exposure in the vicinity of a base-station antenna using the multiple-region/FDTD hybrid method, IEEE Microwave Symposium Digest, 1747-1750, 2002.
3. Craddock, I. J. and C. J. Railton, "Application of the FDTD method and a full time-domain near-field transform to the problem of radiation from a PCB," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 6, 5-18, 1992.
4. Darve, E., "Fast-multipole method: Numerical implementation," Journal of Comp. Phy., Vol. 160, 195-240, 2000.
5. Johnson, J. M. and Y. Rhamat-Samii, "MR/FDTD: a multipleregion finite-difference-time-domain method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 14, 101-105, 1997.
6. Kragalott, M., M. S. Kluskens, and W. P. Pala, "Time-domain fields exterior to a two-dimensional FDTD space," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 45, 1655-1663, 1997.
7. Lu, M., M. Lv, A. A. Ergin, B. Shanker, and E. Michielssen, "Multilevel plane wave time domain-based global boundary kernels for two-dimensional finite difference time domain simulations," Radio Science, Vol. 39, 1-16, 2004.
8. Luebbers, R. J., K. S. Kunz, M. Schneider, and F. Hunsberger, "A finite-difference time-domain near zone to far zone transformation," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 39, 429-433, 1991.
9. Martin, T., "An improved near to far zone transformation for the finite difference time domain method," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 46, 1263-1271, 1998.
10. Maystre, D., "Electromagnetic scattering by a set of objects: an integral method based on scattering properties," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 55-84, 2006.
11. Mouysset, V., "On an approximation of propagated fields by unstationary Maxwell equations, homogeneous off a bounded domain," C. R. Acad. Sci. Ser. I, Vol. 341, 641-646, 2005.
12. Mouysset, V., "A sub-domain method to solve time domain Maxwell's equations for an unconnected collection of scatterers," Ph.D. Thesis, 2006.
13. Mouysset, V., P. A. Mazet, and P. Borderies, "A new approach to evaluate accurately and efficiently electromagnetic fields outside a bounded zone with time-domain volumic methods," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 803-817, 2006.
14. Olivier, J. C., "On the synthesis of exact free space absorbing boundary conditions for the finite-difference time-domain method," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 40, 456-460, 1992.
15. Rubio Breto, A. and A. Monorchio, "Time-domain hybrid methods to solve complex electromagnetic problems," EMC Congress, 2003.
16. Al Sharkawy, M. H., V. Demir, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "The iterative multi-region algorithm using a hybrid finite difference frequency domain and method of moment techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 19-32, 2006.
17. Shlager, K. L. and G. S. Smith, "Near-field to near-field transformation for use with the FDTD method and its application with pulsed antenna problems," Electronics Letters, Vol. 30, 1262-1264, 1994.
18. Shlager, K. L. and G. S. Smith, "Comparison of two FDTD near-field to near-field transformations applied to pulsed antenna problems," Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, 410-413, 1995.
19. Wang, S. G., X. P. Guan, D. W. Wang, X. Y. Ma, and Y. Su, "Electromagnetic scattering by mixed conducting/dielectric objets using higher-order MOM," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 51-63, 2006.
20. Xu, F. and W. Hong, "Analysis of two dimensions sparse multicylinder scattering problem using DD-FDTD method," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 52, 2612-2617, 2004.
21. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in issotropic media," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 14, 302-307, 1966.
22. Yee, K. S., "Time-domain extrapolation to the far field based on FDTD calculations," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 39, 410-413, 1991.