Arrangements of bilayer anisotropic structures are inspected in this paper that manifest wonderful behaviors. One of these arrangements can pass TM & TE modes spontaneously in low frequencies and reflect them in higher frequencies and function as a low-pass filter. Another arrangement can reflect TE mode and pass TM mode in a particular frequency band and vice versa and function as a polarizer. All the analyses are based on the calculations of the hybrid matrix of layers by means of a recursive algorithm. Also the effect of the μ & ε tensors on the specifications of the filters is discussed.
2. Berreman, D. W., "Optic in stratified and anisotropic media: 4 x 4 matrix formulation,", Vol. 62, 502-510, Apr. 1972.
3. Barkovskii, L. M. and G. N. Borzdov, "Electromagnetic waves in absorbing plane-layered anisotropic and gyrotropic media," J. Appl. Spectrosc., Vol. 23, 985-991, Sept. 1976.
4. Barkovskii, L. M. and G. N. Borzdov, "Reflection of electromagnetic waves from layered continuously inhomogeneous anisotropic media: Multiple reflection method," Opt. Spectrosc. (USSR),, Vol. 45, 701-705, Oct. 1978.
5. Graglia, R. D. and P. L. E. Uslenghi, "Electromagnetic scattering from anisotropic materials, part I: general theory," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 32, 867-869, Aug. 1984.
6. Morgan, , M. A., et al., "Electromagnetic scattering by stratified inhomogeneous anisotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 191-198, Feb. 1987.
7. Alu, A. and N. Engheta, "Pairing an epsilon-negative slab with a mu-negative slab: resonance, tunneling and transparency," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, 2558-2571, Oct. 2003.
8. Oraizi, H. and A. Abdolali, "Design and optimization of planar multilayer antireflection metamaterial coatings at Ku band under circularly polarized oblique plane wave incidence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 3, 18, 2008.
9. Oraizi, H. and A. Abdolali, "Mathematical formulation for zero reflection from multilayer metamaterial structures and their notable applications," IET Microwave Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, 987-996, Sept. 2009.
10. Oraizi, H. and A. Abdolali, "A theorem for the reflection and transmission of electromagnetic waves from a slab made of common materials and metamaterials," PIERS Proceedings, 354-356, Moscow, Russia, Aug. 18-21, 2009.
11. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, "Electromagnetic Metamaterials, Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications," Wiley-IEEE Press, 2005.
12. Mirzaei, H. , J. Rashed-Mohassel, and , "Zero reflection from anisotropic metamaterial stratified structures," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 26, 321-334, 2010.
13. Lee, K. C., H. T. Su, and M. K. Haldar, "Compact microstrip bandpass filters using triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 35, 89-98, 2012.
14. Zhang, J.-C., Y.-Z. Yin, and J.-P. Ma, "Multifunctional meander line polarizer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 55-60, 2009.
15. Yu, F. L., X. Y. Zhang, and Y. B. Zhang, "Frequency-tunable bandpass filters with constant absolute bandwidth and improved linearity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 33, 131-140, 2012.