A time reversal method is studied and adapted to through-the-wall detection and localization of moving targets. Tests are realised on experimental data in a synthetic aperture radar configuration. The efficiency of the method to extract a moving target from a cluttered environment is proved on experimental data.
2. Ahmad, F. and M. Amin, "A non coherent approach to through-the-wall radar imaging," Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Signal Processing and Its Applications, Vol. 2, 28-31, 2005.
3. Taylor, J. D., Introduction to Ultra-wideband Radar Systems, CRC Press, 1995.
4. Chen, F. C. and W. C. Chew, "Time-domain ultra-wideband microwave imaging radar system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 2, 313-331, 2003.
5. Soumekh, M., Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing , John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY, 1999.
6. Chan, Y. K. and V. C Koo, "An introduction to synthetic aperture radar (SAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 27-60, 2008.
7. Liu, D., G. Kang, L. Li, Y. Chen, S. Vasudevan, W. Joines, Q. H. Liu, J. Krolik, and L. Carin, "Electromagnetic time-reversal imaging of a target in a cluttered environment," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 9, Sept. 2005.
8. Fink, M., "Time-reversal acoustics ," Physics Today, Vol. 50, No. 3, 34-40, 1997.
9. Borcea, L., G. Papanicolaou, C. Tsogka, and J. Berryman, "Imaging and time-reversal in random media," Inverse Problems, Vol. 18, 1247-1279, 2002.
10. Xiao, S. Q., J. Chen, B.-Z. Wang, and X. F. Liu, "A numerical study on time-reversal electromagnetic wave for indoor ultrawideband signal transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 329-342, 2007.
11. Xiao, S., J. Chen, X. Liu, and B.-Z. Wang, "Spatial focusing characteristics of time reversal UWB pulse transmission with different antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 223-232, 2008.
12. Liu, X.-F., B.-Z. Wang, S. Xiao, and J. H. Deng, "Performance of impulse radio UWB communications based on time reversal technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 401-413, 2008.
13. Lerosey, G., et al., "Time reversal of electromagnetic waves," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 92, No. 19, 2004.
14. Sarabandi, K., I. Koh, and M. D. Casciato, "Demonstration of time reversal methods in a multi-path environment," Proceedings of IEEE AP-S Symposium, Vol. 4, 4436-4439, Jun. 2004.
15. Guillanton, E., J. Y. Dauvignac, C. Pichot, and J. Cashman, "New design tapered slot antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 19, 286-289, 1998.