A high-selective wideband bandpass filter (BPF) with a notched-band and harmonic suppression is proposed in this paper. Firstly, a uniform impedance resonator with an embedded open-circuited stub square loop is applied in the filter design. By adopting parallel-coupling structure at I/O ports, such a resonator can generate a notched-band within the passband due to the counter-phase cancellation of two dissimilar signal paths. The width of the square loop can be adjusted to select the location of the notched-band. Secondly, by introducing an L-shaped open-circuited stub to one input feed line, a transmission zero (TZ) is created. It can be used to suppress higher harmonic passband. The filter is designed and fabricated with the notched-band centered at 8.1 GHz, and two TZs are implemented at the both sides of the passband. Simulated and measured results show that the filter has a good selectivity and a wider stopband characteristic.
2. Basit, A., M. I. Khattak, and M. Al-Hasan, "Design and analysis of a microstrip planar UWB bandpass filter with triple notch bands for WiMAX, WLAN, and X-band satellite communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 93, 155-164, 2020.
3. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 11, 796-798, 2005.
4. Zhang, S. and L. Zhu, "Compact and high-selectivity microstrip bandpass filters using triple-/quad- mode stub-loaded resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 10, 522-524, 2011.
5. Zhu, L., W. Menzel, and , "Compact microstrip bandpass filter with two transmission zeros using a stub-tapped half-wavelength line resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13, No. 1, 16-18, 2003.
6. Ghazali, A. N. and S. Pal, "A compact UWB filter with notched band and suppressed stopband using DGS," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 59, No. 4, 420-423, 2013.
7. Sengupta, A., S. Roychoudhury, and S. Das, "Design of a miniaturized multilayer tunable super wideband BPF," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 99, 145-156, 2020.
8. Chen, J. X., Y. L. Li, W. Qin, Y. J. Yang, and Z. H. Bao, "Compact multi-layer bandpass filter with wide stopband using selective feeding scheme," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Vol. 65, 1009-1013, 2017.
9. Aliqab, K. and J. Hong, "UWB balanced BPF using a low-cost LCP bonded multilayer PCB technology," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 67, No. 3, 1023-1029, 2019.
10. Mouavi, O., A. R. Eskandari, M. M. R. Kashani, and M. A. Shameli, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with two notched bands using SISLR and DMS structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 80, 193-201, 2019.
11. Liu, F. and M. Qun, "A new compact UWB bandpass filter with quad notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 88, 83-88, 2020.
12. Yang, L., W. W. Choi, K. W. Tam, and L. Zhu, "Novel wideband bandpass filter with dual notched bands using stub-loaded resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 27, 25-27, 2017.
13. Guo, X., Y. Xu, and W. Wang, "Miniaturized planar ultra-wideband bandpass filter with notched band," Journal of Computer and Communications, Vol. 3, No. 3, 100-105, 2015.
14. Wang, C.-H., Y.-S. Lin, and C. H. Chen, "Novel inductance-incorporated microstrip coupled-line bandpass filters with two attenuation poles," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 1979-1982, 2004.
15. Shbman, H. and J.-S. Hong, "Asymmetric parallel-coupled lines for notch implementation in UWB filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 7, 516-518, 2007.