In this paper, a contactless microwave transition is described and characterized. In our ``ElectroMagnetic Drive'' (EMDrive) measuring setup, it will be dedicated to transmit high Radio Frequency (RF) powers without any mechanical effort. It exhibits very good matching and transmission performances. It is found to transmit 100 W microwave power range at 2.45 GHz without any visible mechanical effect on a 10 mg precision balance, contrary to a previous coaxial cable. This device appears useful to every EMDrive setup and can be easily implemented.
2. Kößling, M., M. Monette, M. Weikert, and M. Tajmar, "The spacedrive project --- Thrust balance development and new measurements of the mach-effect and emdrive thrusters," Acta Astronautica, Vol. 161, 139152, Aug. 2019.
3. McDonald, M. S., M. W. Nurnberger, and L. T. Williams, "Preparations for thrust measurement and error discussion of the impulse resonant microwave cavity," Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol. 70, 415-424, 2017.
4. McCulloch, M. E., "Can the emdrive be explained by quantised inertia?," Progress in Physics, Vol. 11, No. 1, 78-80, 2015.
5. McCulloch, M. E., "Testing quantised inertia on emdrives with dielectrics," EPL (Europhysics Letters), Vol. 118, 34003, May 2017.
6. Sokoloff, J., O. Pascal, O. Pigaglio, N. Raveu, and H. Peyre, "Proposal of a handy setup for discriminating parasitic effects for the measurement of impulsive thrust from a microwave cavity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 98, 269-281, 2020.
7. Ebrahimpouri, M., O. Quevedo-Teruel, and E. Rajo-Iglesias, "Design of microwave components in groove gap waveguide technology implemented by holey EBG," 2017 11th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 746-748, Mar. 2017.
8. Alfonso, E., S. Carlred, S. Carlsson, and L. Sjqvist, "Contactless ange adapters for mm-wave measurements," 2017 11th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 1690-1693, 2017.
9. Albertsen, N. C. and P. Skov-Madsen, "A compact septum polarizer," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 31, 654-660, Aug. 1983.