The double and triple Langmuir probe diagnostic systems with their necessary driving circuits are developed successfully for the characterization of laboratory built low pressure inductively coupled nitrogen plasma, generated by 13.56 MHz radio frequency (RF) power supply along with an automatic impedance matching network. Using the DC properties of these two probes, the discharge plasma parameters like ion saturation current (Iio), electron temperature (kTe) and electron number density (ne) are measured at the input RF power ranging from 250 to 400 W and filling gas pressures ranging from 0.3 to 0.6 mbar. An increasing trend is observed in electron temperature kTe and ne with the increase of input RF power at a fixed filling gas pressure of 0.3 mbar, while a decreasing trend is observed in kTe and ne with the increase of filling gas pressure at a fixed input RF power of 250 W.
2. John, P. I, Plasma Sciences and the Creation of Wealth, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi, 2005.
3. Franklin, R. N., Plasma Phenomena in Gas Discharges, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1977.
4. Moore, G. L., Introduction to Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy, Vol. 3, Elsevier, New York, 1989.
5. Jain, R. and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Design of a 60 GHz, 100 kW CW gyrotron for plasma diagnostics: GDS-V.01 simulations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 379-399, 2010.
6. Yamaguchi, S., G. Sawa, and M. Ieda, "Variation of ion current flowing into double probes with coating of organic thin film in RF discharge plasma," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 26, No. 5, 728, 1987.
7. Chen, F. F., Plasma Diagnostic Techniques, Academic Press, New York, 1965.
8. Huddlestone, R. H. and S. L. Leonard, Plasma Diagnostic Technique, Academic Press, New York, 1965.
9. Pandey, R. S., "Cold plasma injection on VLF wave mode for relativistic magnetoplasma with A.C. electric field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 2, 217-232, 2008.
10. Manory, R. R., U. Carmi, R. Avni, and A. Grill, "A comparative study of silicon deposition from SiCl4 in cold plasma using argon, H2 or Ar + H2," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 156, 1988.
11. Sha, W. E. I. and W. C. Chew, "High frequency scattering by an impene-trable sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 291-325, 2009.
12. Costa, E. M. M., "Parasitic capacitances on planar coil," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17-18, 2339-2350, 2009.
13. Wen, S. and L. Zhu, "Numerical synthesis design of coupled resonator filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 333-346, 2009.
14. Jian, L. and K. T. Chau, "Analytical calculation of magnetic field distribution in coaxial magnetic gears," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 1-16, 2009.
15. Shiri, A. and A. Shoulaie, "A new methodology for magnetic force calculations between planar spiral coils," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 39-57, 2009.
16. Wu, H. W. and R. Y. Yang, "Design of a triple-passban microstrip bandpass filter with compact size," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 17-18, 2333-2341, 2010.
17. Yin, Q., L. S. Wu, L. Zhou, and W. Y. Yin, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using asymmetrical dual stub-loaded open loops," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 17-18, 2397-2406, 2010.
18. Xia, Q., Z. X. Tang, and B. Zhang, "A Ku-band push-pus dielectric resonator oscillator," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14-15, 1859-1866, 2010.
19. Pandey, R. S., "Gradient effect on kelvin helmholtz instability in the presence of inhomogeneous d.c. electric field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 11, 39-53, 2009.
20. Ibrahiem, A., C. Dale, W. Tabbara, and J. Wiart, "Analysis of the temperature increase linked to the power induced by RF source," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 23-46, 2005.
21. Rossnagel, S. M., R. J. Cuomo, and W. D. Westwood, Handbood of Plasma Processing Technology, Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, N.J., 1910.
22. Yong-ik, S., H. B. Lim, and R. S. Houk, "Diagnostic studies of low-pressure inductively coupled plasma in argon using a double Langmuir probe," J. Anal. At. Spectrom., Vol. 17, 565-569, 2002.
23. Pu, Y. K., Z. G. Guo, A. U. Rehman, and Z. D. Yu, "Tuning effect of inert gas mixing on electron energy distribution function in inductively coupled discharges," Ma. J. Plasma Phys. and Control. Fusion, Vol. 48, 2006.
24. Pandey, R. S. and D. K. Singh, "Study of electromagnetic ion-cyclotron instability in a magnetoplasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 14, 147-161, 2010.