This article introduces a unique dual-band notched Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna. The planned MIMO antenna has two identical Mushroom-shaped radiators with a combined dimension of 18×34×1.6 mm3. Inverted L-structured stubs are joined to the antenna's ground to provide enhanced port isolation. The proposed antenna achieves improved isolation of -23 dB over 3.08-12.8 GHz bandwidth. Two novel strips are extruded in the antenna's ground and mushroom-shaped radiator to introduce a notched WiMAX band (3.37-4.30) and WLAN (5.08-5.80) GHz band. The presented antenna's peak gain is achieved from 2 to 4.8 dBi, and the antenna's radiation efficiency is attained between 78 and 90% except for (3.37-4.30) GHz and (5.08-5.80) GHz stopped bands.
2. Zhang, Z., X. Wang, K. Long, A. V. Vasilakos, and L. Hanzo, "Large-scale MIMO-based wireless backhaul in 5G networks," IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol. 22, No. 5, 58-66, 2015.
3. Liang, C., R. Su, P. Gao, and P. Wang, "Compact printed MIMO antenna with 6.1 GHz notched band for ultra-wideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 76, 77-83, 2018.
4. Biswal, S. P. and S. Das, "A compact printed ultra-wideband multiple-input multiple-output prototype with band-notch ability for WiMAX, LTEband43, and WLAN systems," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 6, e21673, 2019.
5. Li, Z., C. Yin, and X. Zhu, "Compact UWB MIMO Vivaldi antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 38696-38701, 2019.
6. Mathur, R. and S. Dwari, "Compact planar reconfigurable UWB-MIMO antenna with on demand worldwide interoperability for microwave access wireless local area network rejection," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 13, No. 10, 1684-1689, 2019.
7. Altaf, A., A. Iqbal, A. Smida, J. Smida, A. A. Althuwayb, S. H. Kiani, M. Alibakhshikenari, F. Falcone, and E. Limiti, "Isolation improvement in UWB-MIMO antenna system using slotted stub," Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 10, 1582, 2020.
8. El Omari El Bakali, H., A. Zakriti, A. Farkhsi, A. Dkiouak, and M. E. Ouahabi, "Design and realization of dual band notch UWB MIMO antenna in 5G and Wi-Fi 6E by using hybrid technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 116, 1-12, 2021.
9. Zhang, J., L. Wang, and W. Zhang, "A novel dual band-notched CPW-fed UWB MIMO antenna with mutual coupling reduction characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 90, 21-28, 2020.
10. Zhou, J.-Y., Y.Wang, J.-M. Xu, and C. Du, "A CPW-fed UWB-MIMO antenna with high isolation and dual band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 102, 27-37, 2021.
11. Bhattacharya, A., B. Roy, S. K. Chowdhury, and A. K. Bhattacharjee, "Computational and experimental analysis of a low-profile, isolation-enhanced, band-notch UWB-MIMO antenna," Journal of Computational Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 2, 680-688, 2019.
12. Singh, H. V. and S. Tripathi, "Compact UWB MIMO antenna with cross-shaped unconnected ground stub using characteristic mode analysis," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 61, 1874-1881, 2019.
13. Kumar, R. and N. Pazare, "A printed semi-circular disc UWB MIMO/diversity antenna with cross shape slot stub," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 91, 277-291, 2016.
14. Dey, A. B., U. Bhatt, and W. Arif, "Design of a compact wearable ultrawideband MIMO antenna with improved port isolation," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, Vol. 29, 897-912, 2021.
15. Quddus, A., R. Saleem, S. Arain, S. R. Hassan, and M. F. Shafique, "Electronically reconfigurable WLAN band-notched MIMO antenna for ultra-wideband applications," ACES Journal, Vol. 36, No. 8, 1108-1111, 2021.
16. Kulkarni, S. and A. Kunte, "Design of V-cut patch MIMO antenna for the 5.4 GHz band," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 121, 3233-3242, 2021.
17. Wu, L., X. Cao, and B. Yang, "Design and analysis of a compact UWB-MIMO antenna with four notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 108, 127-137, 2022.
18. Lopez-Marcos, F., R. Torrealba-Melendez, M. A. Vasquez-Agustin, J. M. Munoz-Pacheco, E. I. Tamariz-Flores, and M. Lopez-Lopez, "A MIMO transparent antenna for FR1-5G communications," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 123, 3645-3660, 2022.
19. Medkour, H., S. Lakrit, S. Das, B. T. P. Madhav, and K. VasuBabu, "A compact printed UWB MIMO antenna with electronically reconfigurable WLAN band-notched characteristics," Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, Vol. 31, No. 3, 2250045, 2022.
20. Agarwal, M., J. K. Dhanoa, and M. K. Khandelwal, "Construction of compact two-port throne-shaped antenna with dual stopbands and high isolation for ultrawideband multiple-input multiple-output wireless communication systems," International Journal of Communication Systems, Vol. 35, No. 11, e5195, 2022.
21. Bhanumathi, V. and G. Sivaranjani, "High isolation MIMO antenna using semi-circle patch for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 92, 31-40, 2019.
22. Mathur, R. and S. Dwari, "A compact UWB-MIMO with dual grounded CRR for isolation improvement," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 1, e21500, 2019.
23. Pannu, P. and D. K. Sharma, "Miniaturize four-port UWB-MIMO antenna with tri-notched band characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 63, No. 5, 1489-1498, 2021.
24. Khan, M. I., M. I. Khattak, S. U. Rahman, A. B. Qazi, A. A. Telba, and A. Sebak, "Design and investigation of modern UWB-MIMO antenna with optimized isolation," Micromachines, Vol. 11, No. 4, 432, 2020.