In this paper, we propose a quadruple band-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with a novel virus-mimicking structure. The proposed antenna is fed by coplanar waveguide in the FR4 material. It has a compact size of 27 × 29 × 0.8 mm3. In order to reject narrowband signal interference in ultra-wideband communication, the desired notches in WiMAX (3.3-3.6 GHz), WLAN (5.1-5.8 GHz), downlink X satellite communication system (7.25-7.75 GHz), and ITU 8GHz band (8.025-8.4 GHz) are realized. Except for these, impedance bandwidth of the designed antenna is less than -10 dB from 2.5 GHz to 15 GHz, with average gain of 3 dBi. At the same time, it basically meets the omnidirectional requirement. With low profile and compact structure, the proposed antenna can be integrated into the ultra-wideband system, which can meet the requirements of ultra-wideband communication and improve the anti-interference ability of ultra-wideband communication.
2. Ryu, K. S. and A. A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lower WLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 12, 3942-3950, 2009.
3. Rahman, M. and J. D. Park, "The smallest form factor UWB antenna with quintuple rejection bands for IoT applications utilizing RSRR and RCSRR," Sensors, Vol. 18, No. 3, 911, 2018.
4. Chen, Z. N., "UWB antennas: From hype, promise to reality," 2007 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, 19-22, Loughborough, UK, 2007.
5. Gao, G., B. Hu, C. Yang, and S. Wang, "Investigation of a notched UWB antenna with opening and shorting resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 7, 1733-1739, 2017.
6. Shaik, L. A., C. Saha, Y. M. M. Antar, and J. Y. Siddiqui, "An antenna advance for cognitive radio: Introducing a multilayered split ring resonator-loaded printed ultrawideband antenna with multifunctional characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 60, No. 2, 20-33, 2018.
7. Ojaroudi, M., N. Ojaroudi, and N. Ghadimi, "Dual band-notched small monopole antenna with novel coupled inverted U-ring strip and novel fork-shaped slit for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, No. 12, 182-185, 2013.
8. Xu, H., K. Xu, W. Nie, and Y. Liu, "A coplanar waveguide fed UWB antenna using embedded E-shaped structure with WLAN band-rejection," Frequenz, Vol. 72, No. 7, 325-332, 2018.
9. Yadav, A., S. Agrawal, and R. P. Yadav, "SRR and S-shape slot loaded triple band notched UWB antenna," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 79, 192-198, 2017.
10. Chakraborty, M., S. Pal, and N. Chattoraj, "Quad notch UWB antenna using combination of slots and split-ring resonator," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 30, No. 3, 2020.
11. Lin, C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched Ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using Capacitively Loaded Loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, 2012.
12. Wang, J., "Dual band-notched UWB antenna with improved radiation pattern," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 103, 59-70, 2020.
13. Peng, L. and C. Ruan, "UWB band-notched monopole antenna design using electromagnetic- bandgap structures," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1074-1081, 2011.
14. Li, T., H. Q. Zhai, G. H. Li, and C. H. Liang, "Design of compact UWB band-notched antenna by means of electromagnetic-bandgap structures," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 11, 608-609, 2012.
15. Ghosh, A., G. Sen, M. Kumar, and S. Das, "Design of UWB antenna integrated with dual GSM functionalities and dual notches in the UWB region using single branched EBG inspired structure," ET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 13, No. 10, 1564-1571, 2019.
16. Siddiqui, J. Y., C. Saha, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Compact SRR loaded UWB circular monopole antenna with frequency notch characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 8, 4015-4020, 2014.
17. Dalal, P. and S. K. Dhull, "Upper WLAN band notch UWB monopole antenna using compact two via slot electromagnetic band gap structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 100, 161-171, 2020.
18. Naser, S. and N. Dib, "Printed UWB Pacman-shaped antenna with two frequency rejection bands," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 32, No. 3, 186-192, 2017.
19. Yang, B. and S. Qu, "A compact integrated Bluetooth UWB dual-band notch antenna for automotive communications," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 104-113, 2017.
20. Irum Jafri, S., R. Saleem, and K. Khokhar, "CPW-fed UWB antenna with tri-band frequency notch functionality," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 34, No. 9, 1274-1279, 2019.
21. Ghosh, A., T. Mandal, and S. Das, "Design and analysis of triple notch ultrawideband antenna using single slotted electromagnetic bandgap inspired structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 11, 1391-1405, 2019.
22. Kundu, S. and S. K. Jana, "Leaf-shaped CPW-fed UWB antenna with triple notch bands for ground penetrating radar applications," Microw Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 4, 930-936, 2018.
23. Jhanwar, H. S. D., M. M. Sharma, and J. K. Deegwal, "A printed monopole ellipzoidal UWB antenna with four band rejection characteristics," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 222-232, 2018.
24. Modak, S., T. Khan, and R. H. Laskar, "Loaded UWB monopole antenna for quadband-notched characteristics," IETE Technical Review, 1-9, 2021.
25. Islam, M. M., M. T. Islam, M. Samsuzzaman, and M. R. I. Faruque, "Five band-notched Ultrawide Band (UWB) antenna loaded with C-shaped slots," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 6, 1470-1475, 2015.
26. Luo, S., Y. Chen, D. Wang, Y. Liao, and Y. Li, "A monopole UWB antenna with sextuple band- notched based on SRRs and U-shaped parasitic strips," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 120, 153206, 2020.
27. Hasan Mahfuz, M. M., M. R. Islam, M. H. Habaebi, N. Sakib, and A. K. M. Zakir Hossain, "A notched UWB microstrip patch antenna for 5G lower and FSS bands," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 64, No. 4, 796-802, 2022.
28. Alizadeh, F., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, H. Abdi, and B. Mohammadi, "UWB dual-notched planar antenna by utilizing compact open meander slitted EBG structure," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 136, 2021.
29. Kodali, R. R., P. Siddaiah, and M. N. G. Prasad, "Design of quad band operational UWB antenna with triple notch bands using meander line slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 109, 63-73, 2022.