To reduce the computational complexity of traditional model predictive torque control (MPTC) and improve the sensitivity of predictive control to disturbances, an improved three vector model predictive control strategy applied in permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) is proposed. First, the principle of deadbeat synchronization between torque and flux linkage is adopted to reduce six candidate vectors in traditional torque prediction to two, and the cost function is designed to select the optimal voltage vector. In addition, disturbance observation compensation is introduced to compensate for the influence of load disturbance on the control performance of the predictive model. As experimental results show, the proposed three-vector model predictive torque control can obtain small torque ripple and current harmonics both in steady state and dynamic state.
2. Wang, W., et al., "New three-phase current reconstruction for PMSM drive with hybrid space vector pulsewidth modulation technique," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 36, No. 1, 662-673, Jan. 2021, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2020.2997986.
3. Zhang, X. and Y. He, "Direct voltage-selection based model predictive direct speed control for PMSM drives without weighting factor," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 34, No. 8, 7838-7851, Aug. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2018.2880906.
4. Tong, W., S. Dai, S. Wu, and R. Tang, "Performance comparison between an amorphous metal PMSM and a silicon steel PMSM," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 6, 1-5, Jun. 2019, Art No. 8102705, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2019.2900531.
5. Sun, X., Z. Shi, G. Lei, Y. Guo, and J. Zhu, "Analysis and design optimization of a permanent magnet synchronous motor for a campus patrol electric vehicle," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, No. 11, 10535-10544, Nov. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2019.2939794.
6. Siami, M., D. A. Khaburi, A. Abbaszadeh, and J. Rodríguez, "Robustness improvement of predictive current control using prediction error correction for permanent-magnet synchronous machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 6, 3458-3466, Jun. 2016, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2016.2521734.
7. Zhao, G., J. Feng, and Q. Sun, "The research of optimized torque control algorithm for PMSM based on grey prediction model," 2009 Sixth International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, 335-340, 2009, doi: 10.1109/FSKD.2009.588.
8. Chen, W. and D. Sun, "A simplified robust model predictive flux control of open-winding PMSM based on ESO," 2019 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ICEMS.2019.8921676.
9. Zhang, X., K. Yan, and M. Cheng, "Two-stage series model predictive torque control for PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 36, No. 11, 12910-12918, Nov. 2021, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2021.3075711.
10. Ji, J., R. Xue, W. Zhao, T. Tao, and L. Huang, "Simplified three-vector-based model predictive thrust force control with cascaded optimization process for a double-side linear vernier permanent magnet motor," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 10, 10681-10689, Oct. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2020.2976901.
11. Yan, L., M. Dou, Z. Hua, H. Zhang, and J. Yang, "Robustness improvement of FCS-MPTC for induction machine drives using disturbance feedforward compensation technique," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 34, No. 3, 2874-2886, Mar. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2018.2842743.
12. Wu, M., X. Sun, J. Zhu, G. Lei, and Y. Guo, "Improved model predictive torque control for PMSM drives based on duty cycle optimization," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 57, No. 2, 1-5, Feb. 2021, Art No. 8200505, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2020.3008495.
13. Nikzad, M. R., B. Asaei, and S. O. Ahmadi, "Discrete Duty-Cycle-Control method for direct torque control of induction motor drives with model predictive solution," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2317-2329, Mar. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2017.2690304.
14. Woldesemayat, M. L., H. Lee, S. Won, and K. Nam, "Modeling and verication of a six-phase interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 10, 8661-8671, Oct. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2017.2782804.
15. Bhaumik, A. and S. Das, "Predictive torque control scheme without weighting factors for speed sensorless induction motor drive," 2021 1st International Conference on Power Electronics and Energy (ICPEE), 1-6, 2021, doi: 10.1109/ICPEE50452.2021.9358475.
16. Sun, X., et al., "MPTC for PMSMs of EVs with multi-motor driven system considering optimal energy allocation," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 7, 1-6, Jul. 2019, Art No. 8104306, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2019.2904289.
17. Chen, L., H. Xu, X. Sun, and Y. Cai, "Three-vector-based model predictive torque control for a permanent magnet synchronous motor of EVs," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1454-1465, Sept. 2021, doi: 10.1109/TTE.2021.3053256.
18. Wang, B., Z. Dong, Y. Yu, G. Wang, and D. Xu, "Static-errorless deadbeat predictive current control using second-order sliding-mode disturbance observer for induction machine drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2395-2403, Mar. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2017.2694019.
19. Wang, Y., S. Yang, and Z. Xie, "Extended state observer based current decoupling control for PMSM," 2019 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ICEMS.2019.8921959.
20. Kim, H., J. Han, Y. Lee, J. Song, and K. Lee, "Torque predictive control of permanent-magnet synchronous motor using duty ratio prediction," 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 1-5, 2013, doi: 10.1109/ISIE.2013.6563664.