A conformal metamaterial absorber operating at the quad band is analyzed in this paper. The proposed structure is fabricated on a 0.5 mm thick, flexible polyester dielectric substrate. The proposed structure works at the chosen frequencies 4.11 GHz, 5.37 GHz, 7.39 GHz and 8.4 GHz with the absorptivities of 96%, 95%, 90% and 94%, respectively. The structure has essential novelty of miniaturization of λ/146 in the thickness, which is an exceptionally flexible material for Radar applications. Quad band excitation can also be analyzed by the iteration of the proposed structure as well as circuit analysis. The flexible polyester material is etched with silver coating for the development of the fabricated structure. The simulated results can also be associated with the measured ones from the planar as well as a cylindrical surface to realize flexibility for stealth technology. It can be accomplished by the free space measurement technique in an anechoic chamber.
2. Schurig, D., J. J. Mock, and D. R. Smith, "Electric-field-coupled resonators for negative permittivity metamaterials," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 88, No. 4, 1-3, 2006, ISSN: 00036951.
3. Ziolkowski, R. W. and E. Heyman, "Wave propagation in media having negative permittivity and permeability," Physical Review E — Statistical Physics, Plasmas, Fluids, and Related Interdisciplinary Topics, Vol. 64, No. 5, 15, 2001, ISSN: 1063651X.
4. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, and S. Schultz, "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 84, No. 18, 4184-4187, 2000, ISSN: 10797114.
5. Smith, D. R., J. B. Pendry, and M. C. Wiltshire, "Metamaterials and negative refractive index," Science, Vol. 305, No. 5685, 788-792, 2004, ISSN: 00368075.
6. Landy, N. I., S. Sajuyigbe, J. J. Mock, D. R. Smith, and W. J. Padilla, "Perfect metamaterial absorber," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 100, No. 20, 1-4, 2008, ISSN: 00319007.
7. S. Bhattacharyya, S. Ghosh and K. V. Srivastava, "Equivalent circuit modeling of an ultrathin dual-band microwave metamaterial absorber," Proc. Asia-Pac. Microw. Conference, 1244-1266, Sendai, Japan, 2014.
8. Kaur, K. P., T. K. Upadhyaya, and M. Palandoken, "Dual-band polarization-insensitive meta-material inspired microwave absorber for LTE-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 77, 91-100, 2017.
9. Singh, A. K., M. P. Abegaonkar, and S. K. Koul, "A triple band polarization insensitive ultrathin metamaterial absorber for S-C- and X-bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 77, 187-194, 2019.
10. Deng, G., K. Lv, H. Sun, J. Yang, Z. Yin, Y. Li, B. Chi, and X. Li, "An ultrathin, triple-band metamaterial absorber with wide-incident-angle stability for conformal applications at X and Ku frequency band," Nanoscale Research Letters, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2020, ISSN: 1556276X, [Online], Available: https://doi.org/10.1186/s11671-020- 03448.
11. Singh, H. S., "Super compact ultrathin quad-band with wide angle stability polarization independent metamaterial absorber," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 2, 718-725, 2020, ISSN: 10982760.
12. Chaurasiya, D., S. Ghosh, S. Bhattacharyya, A. Bhattacharya, and K. V. Srivastava, "Compact multi-band polarisation-insensitive metamaterial absorber," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 1, 94-101, 2016, ISSN: 17518733.
13. Agarwal, M., A. Behera, and M. Meshram, "Wide-angle quad-band polarisation-insensitive metamaterial absorber," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 5, 340-342, 2016.
14. Wang, B.-X., X. Zhai, G. Wang, W. Huang, and L. Wang, "Design of a four-band and polarizationinsensitive terahertz metamaterial absorber," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1-8, 2014.
15. Wang, N., J. Tong, W. Zhou, W. Jiang, J. Li, X. Dong, and S. Hu, "Novel quadruple-band microwave metamaterial absorber," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2015, ISSN: 19430655.
16. Jiang, H., Z. Xue, W. Li, and W. Ren, "Multiband polarisation insensitive metamaterial absorber based on circular fractal structure," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 11, 1141-1145, 2016, ISSN: 17518733.
17. M. Bagmancı, O. Akgol, M. Ozakturk, M. Karaaslan, E. Unal, and M. Bakır, "Polarization independent broadband metamaterial absorber for microwave applications," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 1, e21630, 2019.
18. Zhai, Z. C., H, Z. Li, and C. Liang, "A triple-band ultrathin metamaterial absorber with wideangle and polarization stability," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 241-244, 2015.
19. Wu, T., Y. M. Ma, J. Chen, and L. L. Wang, "A low profile quadruple-band polarization insensitive metamaterial absorber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 90, 69-79, 2020.
20. Sharma, S., S. K. Ghosh, and S. A. Vaibhav Srivastava Kumar, "Ultra-thin dual-band polarization insensitive conformal metamaterial absorber," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 2, 348-353, 2017, ISSN: 10982760.
21. Libi Mol, V. A. and C. K. Aanandan, "Experimental demonstration of the performance of exible metamaterial absorber on planar and cylindrical surface," Journal of Physics Communications, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2018, ISSN: 23996528.
22. Kaur, K. P. and T. Upadhyaya, "Performance evaluation of wide-angle ultrathin microwave metamaterial absorber with polarization independence," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 7, No. 4, 71-77, 2018.
23. Ebrahimi, A., S. Nirantar, W. Withayachumnankul, M. Bhaskaran, S. Sriram, S. F. Al-Sarawi, and D. Abbott, "Second-order terahertz bandpass frequency selective surface with miniaturized elements," IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 5, 761-769, 2015, ISSN: 2156342X.
24. Kurra, L., M. P. Abegaonkar, and S. K. Koul, "Equivalent circuit model of resonant-EBG bandstop filter," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 62, No. 1, 17-26, 2016, ISSN: 0974780X.
25. Singh, A. K., M. P. Abegaonkar, and S. K. Koul, "Dual-and triple-band polarization insensitive ultrathin conformal metamaterial absorbers with wide angular stability," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 61, No. 3, 878-886, 2019, ISSN: 00189375.
26. Kalraiya, S., M. Ameen, R. K. Chaudhary, and R. K. Gangwar, "Compact ultrathin conformal metamaterial dual-band absorber for curved surfaces," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 12, 1-9, 2019, ISSN: 1099047X.