Oscillation frequency in a plasma filled rectangular dielectric resonator antenna is computed. Perturbation method for solving differential equation is applied to find oscillation frequencies of dielectric cavity resonator. Equilibrium distribution function of collisionless Boltzmann equation is slightly perturbed. Distribution function of plasma is perturbed by altering external applied electromagnetic field. Perturbed Boltzmann equation satisfies with the relaxation time approximation used for the collision. The resulting Maxwell equations are subjected to appropriate boundary condition. Multilinear algebra tensor decomposition technique is done to find eigenfrequincies of cavity resonator antenna considered in this paper. A simulation study of a ionized gas plasma antenna is done on HFSS. Numerically calculated oscillation frequency is cross verified with HFSS result and found in good agreement.
2. Yaduvanshi, R. S. and H. Parthasarathy, Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antennas: Theory and Design, Springer, September 2015.
3. Epstein, I. L. and M. Gavrilovic, "The study of a homogeneous column of argon plasma at a pressure of 0.5 torr, generated by means of the Beenakker's cavity," The European Physical Journal D, 2014.
4. Moskvitinaa, Y. K. and G. I. Zaginaylova, "Effect of background plasma on electromagnetic properties of coaxial gyrotron cavity," Technical Physics, Vol. 59, No. 7, 1065-1071, 2014.
5. Liu, S., Z. He, S. Cheng, and S. Y. Zhong, "Symplectic finite-difference time-domain scheme based on decomposition technique of the exponential operator for plasma media," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 2, 129-133, 2016.
6. Yuan, J. and G. Lin, "Design of compact circular resonator for electrodeless microwave plasma lamp," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 16, August 2013.
7. Buchel, A., "Relaxation time of non-conformal plasma," Physics Letters B, 200-203, 2009.
8. Shuvalov, V. A. and A. I. Priimak, "A probe diagnostics for high-speed flows of rarefied partially dissociated plasma," Instruments and Experimental Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 3, 370-378, 2007.
9. Melrose, D. B., "Kinetic plasma physics," Swiss Society for Astrophysics and Astronomy, Vol. 24, 113-223, Springer, 1994.
10. Marsch, E., "Kinetic physics of the solar wind plasma," Physics and Chemistry in Space - Space and Solar Physics, Vol. 21, 1991.
11. Xiao, S. and Y. L. Mo, "Study of open cavity filled with plasma density grating," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 27, No. 5, 1495-1500, October 1999.
12. Oleinik, A. M., "Dwell time in the excitation zone for particles blown into the plasma of a spark discharge,", 224-225, Consultants Bureau, a division of Plenum Publishing Corporation, 227 West-7th Street, New York, N. Y. 10011, 1972.
13. Yakimenko, I. P. and T. R. Kelner, "The natural frequencies of cylindrical cavities with a magnetoactive plasma," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 6, 815-824, 1967.
14. Safari, S. and B. Jazi, "The plasma background effect on time growth rate of terahertz hybrid modes in an elliptical metallic waveguide with two electron beams as energy source," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 44, No. 10, 2356-2365, October 2016.
15. Timofeev, A. V., "Time of relaxation in dusty plasma model," Journal of Physics: Conference, Series 653, 012137, 2015.
16. Singh, S. and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Full wave analysis of plasma loaded coaxial gyrotron cavity with triangular corrugations on the insert," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 64, No. 5, 2369-2375, 2017.
17. Singh, S. and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Analysis of plasma loaded conventional and coaxial cavity with wedge-shaped corrugations on the insert," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 65, No. 6, 2614-2619, 2018.
18. Bittencourt, J. A., Fundamentals of Plasma Physics, 3rd Ed., Springer International Addition, 2003.
19. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 2nd Ed., Wille Edition, 1938.
20. Francis, F. C., Introduction to Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, 2nd Ed., Springer International Addition, 1974.
21. Podolsky, V. and A. Semnani, "Experimental and numerical studies of a tunable plasma antenna sustained by RF power," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 48, No. 10, 3524-3534, Oct. 2020.
22. Kalynov, Y. K. and A. V. Savilov, "Competition of oscillations at different cyclotron harmonics in the subterahertz large-orbit gyrotron," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 67, No. 9, 3795-3801, Sept. 2020.
23. Cohen, G. and M. Galperin, "Green's function methods for single molecule junctions," AIP, The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 152, 090901, 2020.