The electromagnetic vibration noise level of a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) directly affects the Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) performance of an electric vehicle. Taking a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) for electric vehicle driving as an example, the electromagnetic noise characteristics were studied by combining ANSYS Workbench multi-physical field finite element analysis platform. The electromagnetic vibration force of the stator teeth of the motor is the main source of electromagnetic noise. The magnetic field of the motor can be optimized by changing the slot structure of the motor rotor, so as to improve the electromagnetic vibration force of the stator teeth and reduce the electromagnetic vibration noise of the motor. In order to optimize the magnetic field, three different rotor slot structures are proposed. The most suitable slot structure is found by comparing and analyzing the magnetic field, noise field and electromagnetic force with the structure before optimization. By comparing the results before and after optimization, it can be seen that the optimized motor can effectively reduce the vibration noise of the motor and ensure the electromagnetic performance of the motor.
2. Li, J., K. Wang, and F. Li, "Analytical prediction of optimal split ratio of consequent-pole permanent magnet machines," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 3, No. 12, 365-372, 2017.
3. Zhu, X., W. Hua, and Z. Wu, "Cogging torque minimisation in FSPM machines by right-angle-based tooth chamfering technique," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 5, No. 12, 627-634, 2018.
4. Mehrdad, J. and B. Hossein, "Optimum design of the stator parameters for noise and vibration reduction in BLDC motor," The Institution of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 9, 1297-1305, 2018.
5. Zhu, X., W. Hua, and G. Zhang, "Analysis and reduction of cogging torque for flux-switching permanent magnet machines," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 6, No. 55, 5854-5864, 2019.
6. Chang-Min, L., H. Seo, and J. Lee, "Optimization of vibration and noise characteristics of skewed permanent brushless direct current motor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 53, No. 11, 1-5, 2017.
7. Fu, L., S. Zuo, W. Deng, and S. Wu, "Reduction of vibration and acoustic noise in permanent magnet synchronous motor by optimizing magnetic forces," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 429, 193-205, 2018.
8. Ma, C., J. Li, and H. Zhao, "3-D analytical model of armature reaction field of IPMSM with multi-segmented skewed poles and multi-layered flat wire winding considering current harmonics," IEEE ACCESS, Vol. 8, 151116-1511124, 2020.
9. Dong, Q., X. Liu, and H. Qi, "Analysis and evaluation of electromagnetic vibration and noise in permanent magnet synchronous motor with rotor step skewing," Science China-Technological Sciences, Vol. 62, No. 5, 839-848, 2019.
10. Lecointe, J.-P., B. Cassoret, and J.-F. Brudny, "Distinction of toothing and saturation effects on magnetic noise of induction motors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 112, 125-137, 2011.
11. Zhang, W., Y. Xu, and H. Huang, "Vibration reduction for dual-branch three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor with carrier phase-shift technique," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 1, 607-618, 2020.
12. Hara, T., T. Ajima, and Y. Tanabe, "Analysis of vibration and noise in permanent magnet synchronous motors with distributed winding for the PWM method," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 54, No. 6, 6042-6049, 2018.
13. Rafaq, M. S. and J. W. Jung, "A comprehensive review of state-of-the-art parameter estimation techniques for permanent magnet synchronous motors in wide speed range," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 7, No. 16, 4747-4758, 2020.
14. Ramaiah, V. J. and S. Keerthipati, "Hybrid PWM scheme for pole-phase modulation induction motor drive using carrier-based hexagonal and octadecagonal SVPWM," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 67, 7312-7320, 2020.
15. Liu, C., J. Lu, Y. Wang, G. Le, and J. Zhu, "Techniques for reduction of the cogging torque in claw pole machines with SMC cores," Energies, Vol. 10, No. 10, 1541, 2017.
16. Chen, M., K.-T. Chau, C. H. T. Lee, and C. Liu, "Design and analysis of a new axial-field magnetic variable gear using pole-changing permanent magnets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 153, 23-32, 2015.
17. Nobahari, A., A. Darabo, and A. Hassannia, "Various skewing arrangements and relative position of dual rotor of an axial °ux induction motor, modelling and performance evaluation," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 4, No. 12, 575-580, 2018.
18. Bonthu, S. S. R., T. Bin, and S. Choi, "Optimal torque ripple reduction technique for outer rotor permanent magnet synchronous reluctance motors," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 3, No. 33, 1184-1192, 2018.
19. Huang, Y., L. Yan, F. Yang, and W. Zeng, "Research on active disturbance rejection control of hybrid excitation magnetic suspension switched reluctance motor considering noise," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 93, 197-207, 2020.
20. Ruba, M., F. Jurca, and L. Czumbil, "Synchronous reluctance machine geometry optimisation through a genetic algorithm based technique," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 3, No. 12, 431-438, 2018.
21. Rick, S., K. P. Aryanti, F. David, and H. Kay, "Hybrid acoustic model of electric vehicles: Force excitation in permanent-magnet synchronous machines," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 52, No. 4, 2979-2987, 2016.