Although wireless power transfer systems suffer from splitting frequency conditions under strong coupling, this could create an opportunity for initiating other frequencies for power and data transfer. This paper introduces a model of an inductive transmitter containing a transmitter and many internal resonators to diversify the magnetic link to the receiver. Using the proposed architecture and solution, the efficiency and received power can be increased, and it also supports multiple frequency diversity.
2. Cannon, B. L., J. F. Hoburg, D. D. Stancil, and S. C. Goldstein, "Magnetic resonant coupling as a potential means for wireless power transfer to multiple small receivers," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 24, No. 7, 1819-1825, July 2009.
3. Niu, W., J. Chu, W. Gu, and A. Shen, "Exact analysis of frequency splitting phenomena of contactless power transfer systems," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 60, No. 6, 1670-1677, June 2013.
4. Niu, W. Q., W. Gu, J. X. Chu, and A. D. Shen, "Coupled-mode analysis of frequency splitting phenomena in cpt systems," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 12, 723-724, June 2012.
5. Nguyen, H. and J. I. Agbinya, "Splitting frequency diversity in wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 11, 6088-6096, November 2015.
6. Agbinya, J. I., "Recursive frequency allocation scheme in wireless power transfer and magnetic induction communication systems," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 98, No. 1, 213-223, January 2018.
7. Agbinya, J. I. and H. Nguyen, "Principles and applications of frequency splitting in inductive communications and wireless power transfer systems," Wireless Personal Communications, April 2019.
8. Kurs, A., R. J. Moffatt, and M. Soljacic, "Simultaneous mid-range power transfer to multiple devices," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 96, 044102, 2010.
9. Ishizaki, M. and A. Kurokawa, "Power transfer system combining wireless resonators and wired three-coil repeater," 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 1-4, May 2019.
10. Machnoor, M., E. S. G. Rodríguez, P. Kosta, J. Stang, and G. Lazzi, "Analysis and design of a 3-coil wireless power transmission system for biomedical applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 1, 2018.
11. Duong, T. P. and J. Lee, "Experimental results of high-efficiency resonant coupling wireless power transfer using a variable coupling method," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 8, 442-444, August 2011.
12. Sample, A. P., B. H. Waters, S. T. Wisdom, and J. R. Smith, "Enabling seamless wireless power delivery in dynamic environments," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 6, 1343-1358, June 2013.
13. Lee, C. K., W. X. Zhong, and S. Y. R. Hui, "Effects of magnetic coupling of nonadjacent resonators on wireless power domino-resonator systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1905-1916, April 2012.
14. Dionigi, M. and M. Mongiardo, "Multi band resonators for wireless power tranfer and near field magnetic communications," 2012 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Innovative Wireless Power Transmission: Technologies, Systems, and Applications, 61-64, May 2012.
15. Ahn, D. and S. Hong, "Effect of coupling between multiple transmitters or multiple receivers on wireless power transfer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 60, No. 7, 2602-2613, July 2013.
16. Ahn, D. and S. Hong, "A study on magnetic field repeater in wireless power transfer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 60, No. 1, 360-371, January 2013.
17. Ahn, D. and S. Hong, "A transmitter or a receiver consisting of two strongly coupled resonators for enhanced resonant coupling in wireless power transfer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 3, 1193-1203, March 2014.
18. Nguyen, H., J. I. Agbinya, and J. Devlin, "Fpga-based implementation of multiple modes in near field inductive communication using frequency splitting and mimo configuration," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 62, No. 1, 302-310, January 2015.
19. Ahn, D., M. Kiani, and M. Ghovanloo, "Enhanced wireless power transmission using strong paramagnetic response," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 3, 96-103, March 2014.