In this work, an elliptical planar monopole Penta band-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna is proposed. Band rejection at 2.4-2.6 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 3.3-3.75 Wi-MAX, 3.9-4.2 GHz C-band satellite communication, 5.15-5.85 WLAN, and 7.9-8.4 GHz X-band satellite communication frequencies is achieved by etching slots in the radiating patch, feed line, and ground plane. The effect of the slot length on the notched band is also studied. The proposed antenna has been fabricated and tested. The measured impedance bandwidth of the antenna is 2.15-12.5 GHz, which covers bands of Bluetooth and UWB applications. The peak gain of the proposed antenna is 8 dB and drops drastically at notched bands. The proposed antenna shows good omnidirectional radiation patterns in the passbands.
2. Agrawall, N. P., G. Kumar, and K. P. Ray, "Wide band planar monopole antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 2, 294-5, Feb. 1998.
3. Atallah, H. A., A. B. Abdel-Rahman, K. Yoshitomi, and R. K. Pokharel, "CPW feed UWB filterantenna with sharp and high rejection multiple notched bands using stub loaded meander line resonator," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 22-31, 2017.
4. Kim, K. H., Y. J. Cho, S. H. Hwang, and S. O. Park, "Band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, Jul. 2005.
5. Tang, M.-C., S. Xiao, T. Deng, D. Wang, J. Guan, B. Wang, and G.-D. Ge, "Compact UWB antenna with multiple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1372-1376, Apr. 2011.
6. Kim, J., C. S. Cho, and J. W. Lee, "5.2GHz notched ultra-wideband antenna using slot-type SRR," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 6, 315-316, Mar. 16, 2006.
7. Kerkhoff, A. and H. Ling, "Design of a planar monopole antenna for use with ultra-wideband (UWB) having a band-notched characteristic," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., 830-833, Columbus, OH, Jun. 2003.
8. Weng, Y. F., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Design of multiple band-notch using meander lines for compact ultrawide band antennas," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 6, No. 8, 908-914, 2012.
9. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5-GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, 1453-1460, May 2006.
10. Chandrasekhar Rao, J., N. Venkateswara Rao, M. Jyothsna, M. Jyothirmayee, R. Akhil, and A. Manasa, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with band-notches at WIMAX and WLAN bands," JATIT, Vol. 95, No. 9, 2088-2095, May 15, 2017.
11. Gong, X., L. Tong, Y. Tian, and B. Gao, "Design of a microstrip-fed hexagonal shape UWB antenna with triple notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 62, 77-87, 2016.
12. Jacob, S., A. O. Lindo, C. M. Nijas, C. K. Aanandan, and P. Mohanan, "Analysis of CPW-fed UWB antenna for WiMAX and WLAN band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 52, 83-92, 2014.
13. Sharma, M. M., J. K. Deegwal, A. Kumar, and M. C. Govil, "Compact planar monopole UWB antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 29-36, 2014.
14. Siddiqui, J. Y., C. Saha, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Compact SRR loaded UWB circular monopole antenna with frequency notch characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 8, 4015-4020, 2014.
15. Shaik, L. A., C. Saha, J. Y. Siddiqui, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Ultra-wideband monopole antenna for multiband and wideband frequency notch and narrowband applications," IET Microwave Antennas Propag., Vol. 10, No. 11, 1204-1211, 2016.
16. Vyas, K., A. K. Sharma, and P. K. Singhal, "Design and analysis of two novel CPW-fed dual bandnotched UWB antennas with modified ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 49, 159-170, 2014.
17. Peng, H., Y. Luo, and Z.-X. Shi, "Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 117-125, 2015.
18. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016.
19. Taha-Ahmed, B., E. M. Lasa, P. Sanchez Olivares, and J. L. Masa-Campos, "UWB antennas with multiple notched-band function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 77, 41-49, 2018.
20. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srifi, and R. Touahni, "A tri-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using DGS and semi Arc-shaped slot for WiMAX/WLAN/X-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 7-14, 2017.
21. Haroon, S., K. S. Alimgeer, N. Khalid, B. Tariq, F. Shafique, and S. A. Khan, "A low profile UWB antenna with triple band suppression characteristics," Wireless Personal Communication, Vol. 82, No. 1, 495-507, 2015.
22. Koteswara Rao Devana, V. N. and A. Maheswara Rao, "Compact UWB monopole antenna with quadruple band notched characteristics," International Journal of Electronics, 2019, DOI: 10.1080/00207217.2019.1636311.