A two-step method is proposed to estimate the direction-of-arrivals (DOAs) of quasi-stationary source signals, with a partlycalibrated uniform linear array (PC-ULA). The special structure of Toeplitz matrix is utilized to estimate the sensors' uncertainties. Then, a Khatri-Rao (KR) based multiple signal classification (MUSIC) algorithm is proposed to estimate the DOAs of source signals. Simulation results show that the proposed method renders lower root-mean-square-error (RMSE) than existing KR-based ESPRIT algorithms, especially under low signal-to-noise-ratio (SNR) and small angle separation between DOAs. It is also shown that the proposed method increases the degree-of-freedom (DOF) by one, as compared to the counterpart ESPRIT methods.
2. Roy, R. and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT-estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Trans. Acous. Speech Signal Process., Vol. 37, No. 7, 984-995, 1989.
3. Liao, B. and S. C. Chan, "Direction finding with partly calibrated uniform linear arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 60, No. 2, 922-929, 2012.
4. Liao, B. and S. C. Chan, "Direction finding in partly calibrated uniform linear arrays with unknown gains and phases," IEEE Trans. Aerospace Electron. Syst., Vol. 51, No. 1, 217-227, 2015.
5. Liao, B., L. Huang, C. Guo, and S. C. Chan, "Direction finding with partly calibrated uniform linear arrays in nonuniform noise," IEEE Sensors J., Vol. 16, No. 12, 4882-4890, 2016.
6. Zhang, X., Z. He, X. Zhang, Z. Cheng, and Y. Lu, "Simultaneously estimating DOA and phase error of a partly calibrated ULA by data reconstruction," IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Process., 399-403, 2016.
7. Mao, W. K., T. H. Hsieh, and C. Y. Chi, "DOA Estimation of quasi-stationary signals with less sensors than sources and unknown spatial noise covariance A Khatri-Rao subspace approach," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, No. 4, 2168-2180, 2010.
8. Wang, B., W. Wang, Y. Gu, and S. Lei, "Underdetermined DOA estimation of quasi-stationary signals using a partly-calibrated array," Sensors, Vol. 17, No. 4, 702, 2017.