Space-time antijamming problem has received significant attention recently in the passive radar systems, such as Global Navigation Satelite Systems (GNSS). These space-time beamformers use two adaptive filters, i.e., spatial filter and temporal filter for canceling interference signals. However, most of the work on spacetime antijamming problem presented in the literature require multiple antennas and delay taps. In this paper, a virtual space-time adaptive beamforming method is proposed. The temporal smoothing technique is utilized to add a structure of the received data model for the implementation of the proposed method without delay tap. Compared with the previous work, the presented method offers a number of advantages over other recently proposed algorithms. For example, the space-time weight vector can be obtained by simple algebraic operations. It has lower computational complexity.It can reduce system overhead since the temporal smoothing technology is used instead of multiple delay taps. Simulation results are presented to verify that effectiveness of the proposed method.
2. Liu, F. L., C. Y. Sun, J. K. Wang, and R. Y. Du, "A robust adaptive beamforming optimization control method via second-order cone programming for bistatic MIMO radar systems," ICIC Express Letters, Vol. 4, No. 5(B), 1823-1830, 2010.
3. Cox, H., R. Zeskind, and M. Owen, "Robust adaptive beamforming," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 35, No. 10, 1365-1376, 1987.
4. Liu, F. L., R. Y. Du, J. K. Wang, K. Wang, and B. Wang, "A robust adaptive control method for widening interference nulls," IET International Radar Conference, 2009.
5. Zeng, Y. B., "Array pattern nulling by amplitude-only perturbations," Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 28, No. 11, 2073-2076, 2006.
6. Liu, F. L., S. M. Guo, Q. P. Zhou, and R. Y. Du, "Robust MVDR beamformer for nulling level control via multi-parametric quadratic programming," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 239-254, 2011.
7. Wang, Y. D., F. Q. Chen, J. W. Nie, and G. F. Sun, "Optimum reference element selection for GNSS power-inversion adaptive arrays," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 20, 1723-1725, 2016.
8. Massa, A., M. Donelli, F. De Natale, S. Caorsi, and A. Lommi, "Planar antenna array control with genetic algorithms and adaptive array theory," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 11, 2919-2924, 2004.
9. Donelli, M., S. Caorsi, F. De Natale, D. Franceschini, and A. Massa, "A versatile enhanced genetic algorithm for planar array design," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 11, 1533-1548, 2004.
10. Gao, G. X., M. Sgammini, M. Lu, and N. Kubo, "Protecting GNSS receivers from jamming and interference," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 104, No. 6, 1327-1338, 2016.
11. Zhang, X. Y., X. H. Wang, and G. Z. Fan, "Research on knowledge-based STAP technology," IET International Radar Conference, 2009.
12. Zhao, X., L. Zhao, and M. Wen, "A novel GPS space-time anti-jamming scheme," Journal of Harbin Engineering University, Vol. 32, No. 3, 322-327, 2011.
13. Paulraj, A. J. and C. B. Papadias, "Space-time processing for wireless communications," IEEE Signal Process Magazine, Vol. 14, No. 6, 49-83, 1997.
14. Setlur, P. and M. Rangaswamy, "Waveform design for radar STAP in signal dependent interference," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 64, No. 1, 19-34, 2016.
15. Xiong, P., M. Medley, and S. Batalama, "Spatial and temporal processing for global navigation satellite systems: The GPS receiver paradigm," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 39, No. 4, 1471-1484, 2003.
16. Azaro, R., F. De Natale, M. Donelli, A. Massa, and E. Zeni, "Optimized design of a multifunction/multiband antenna for automotive rescue systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 2, 392-400, 2006.
17. Azaro, R., F. De Natale, M. Donelli, E. Zeni, and A. Massa, "Synthesis of a prefractal dual-band monopolar antenna for GPS applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 361-364, 2006.
18. Yao, H. C., H. L. Wang, and K. Hu, "Design and implementation of navigation anti-jam terminal based on subband array processing technology," Fire Control Command Control, Vol. 37, No. 3, 617-622, 2012.
19. Firoozabadi, A. D. and H. R. Abutalebi, "Combination of nested microphone array and subband processing for multiple simultaneous speaker localization," IEEE International Symposium on Telecommunications, 907-912, 2012.
20. Goldstein, J. S., I. S. Reed, and L. L. Scharf, "A multistage representation of the wiener filter based on orthogonal projections," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 44, No. 7, 492-496, 1997.
21. Gupta, I. J. and T. D. Moore, "Space-frequency adaptive processing (SFAP) for RFI mitigation in spread spectrum receivers," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, No. 4, 172-175, 2003.
22. Fernández-Prades, C. and J. A. Fernández-Rubio, "Robust space-time beamforming in GNSS by means of second-order cone programming," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, 2004.
23. Deng, J. H., J. K. Wang, C. Y. Lin, and S. M. Liao, "Adaptive space-time beamforming technique for passive radar system with ultra low signal to interference ratio," IEEE International Conference on Wireless Information Technology and Systems, 2010.
24. Zhao, H. W., Y. F. Shi, B. Q. Zhang, and M. M. Shi, "Analysis and simulation of interference suppression for space-time adaptive processing," IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, 2014.
25. Liu, F. L., J. K.Wang, and R. Y. Du, "Unitary-JAFE algorithm for joint angle-frequency estimation based on Frame-Newton method," Signal Processing, Vol. 90, No. 3, 809-820, 2010.
26. Zhang, K. Y. and Z. Xu, Numerical Algebra, Science Press, Beijing, 2000.