A compact dual band-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antenna with uniform rejection performance is designed on an FR4 substrate (35×23×1.6 mm3). Compared with the existing UWB MIMO antennas, a second-order notched band with uniform performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz is achieved, which results from the interplay between a 1/3λ open-end slot and a 1/2λ parasitic strip. A 1/4λ open-end slot is also applied to the 3.3-3.7 GHz reject band. The two slots are connected at their open ends, that can help to get the uniform reject performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz and make the high cutoff frequency of the impedance matching band go toward the higher frequencies. Excluding the two rejected bands, a band with |S11|≤-10 dB, |S21|≤-17 dB and frequency ranged from 3.1 to 10.9 GHz is achieved, and results show that a uniform performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz is obtained.
2. Ben Mabrouk, I., L. Talbi, M. Nedil, and K. Hettak, "MIMO-UWB channel characterization within an underground mine gallery," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 4866-4874, 2012.
3. Saraswat, R. K. and M. Kumar, "Miniaturized slotted ground UWB antenna loaded with metamaterial for WLAN and WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 65, 6580, 2016.
4. Ni, T., W.-M. Li, Y.-C. Jiao, and L.-S. Ren L. Han, "Novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.5 GHz band-notched characteristics," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 16, 2212-2221, 2011.
5. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
6. Chu, Q. X., C. X. Mao, and H. Zhu, "A compact notched band UWB slot antenna with sharp selectivity and controllable bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 3961-3966, 2013.
7. Yu, J. F., X. L. Liu, X.-W. Shi, and Z. Wang, "A compact four-element UWB MIMO antenna with Qsca implementation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 50, 103-109, 2014.
8. Zhang, J. Y., F. Zhang, and W. P. Tian, "Compact 4-port ACS-fed UWB-MIMO antenna with shared radiators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 55, 81-88, 2015.
9. Mao, C. X. and Q. X. Chu, "Compact co-radiator UWB-MIMO antenna with dual polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, 4474-4480, 2011.
10. Toktas, A. and A. Akdagli, "Compact multiple-input multiple-output antenna with low correlation for ultra-wideband applications," IET Micro. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 9, 822-829, 2015.
11. Lee, J. M., K. B. Kim, and H. K. Ryu, "A compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejected operation for mobile devices," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 990-993, 2012.
12. Shrivishal, T., A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact Koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejection," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1565-1569, 2015.
13. Li, J. F., Q. X. Chu, and T. G. Huang, "Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high isolation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 4759-4766, 2013.
14. Xiao, R. J., X. B. Wei, and L. Jin, "A band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high notch-band-edge selectivity," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Vol. 1, 1-3, 2015.
15. Li, J. F., D. L. Wu, Y. J. Wu, and G. Zhang, "Dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna," IEEE 4th Asia-Pacific Conf. Antennas and Propag. (APCAP), 25-26, 2015.
16. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, 27-34, 2010.
17. Ko, S. C. K. and R. D. Murch, "Compact integrated diversity antenna for wireless communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, 954-960, 2001.
18. Karaboikis, M., C. Soras, and G. Tsachtsiris, "Compact dual-printed inverted-F antenna diversity systems for portable wireless devices," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 3, 9-14, 2004.
19. Karaboikis, M. P., V. C. Papamichael, G. F. Tsachtsiris, and V. T. Makios, "Integrating compact printed antennas onto small diversity/MIMO Terminals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, 2067-2078, 2008.
20. Paul, H., "The significance of radiation efficiencies when using S-parameters to calculate the received signal correlation from two antennas," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 97-99, 2005.