In this paper, a novel multiband wearable fractal antenna which suitable for GPS, WiMax and WiFi (Bluetooth) applications is presented. This antenna is designed to operate at four resonance frequencies are 1.57, 2.7, 3.4 and 5.3 GHz. The proposed wearable antenna may be attached to human body, so the specific absorption ratio (SAR) must be calculated. Therefore, another design to reduce SAR value with a spiral metamaterial meandered in the ground plane is introduced. In addition, a wearable fractal antenna system integrated on a life jacket is also presented.
2. Nepa, P. and H. Rogier, "Wearable antennas for off-body radio links at VHF and UHF band," IEEE Antennas & Propagation Magazine, Vol. 15, 1045-9243, October 2015.
3. Ahmed, M. I., E. A. Abdallah, and H. M. Elhennawy, "SAR investigation of novel wearable reduced-coupling microstrip antenna array," International Journal of Engineering and Technology-IJENS, Vol. 15, No. 3, 78-87, June 2015.
4. Ismail, M., H. Elsadek, E. A. Abdallah, and A. A. Ammar, "Modified pulse 2.45 fractal microstrip patch antenna," Wseas Transactions on Comunications Journal, Vol. 7, 280-288, ISSN: 1109-2742, April 2008.
5. Ishimaru, A., Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation and Scattering, Prentice Hall, 1991.
6. Nornikman, H., B. H. Ahmed, M. Z. A. Abd Aziz, and A. R. Othman, "Effect of single complimentary split ring resonator structure on microstrip antenna design," IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Application (ISWTA), Indonesia, September 2012.
7. Varadan, V., "Radar absorbing applications of metamaterials," Region 5 Technical Conference, 10-108, IEEE, 2007.
8. IEEE C95.1-2005, IEEE standards for safety levels with respect to human exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic fields, 3 KHz to 300 KHz, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, NY, 2005.
9. Zani, M. Z. M., M. H. Jusoh, A. A. Sulaiman, N. H. Baba, R. A. Awang, and M. F. Ain, "Circular patch antenna on metamaterial, electronic devices," International Conference on Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), 313-316, 2010.
10. Gummalla, A., C. J. Lee, and M. Achour, "Compact metamaterial quad-band antenna for mobile application," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Society, 1-4, 2008.
11. Feresidis, A. and J. C. Vardaxoglou, "Flat plate millimeter wave antenna based on partially reflective FSS," International Conference of Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 1, 33-36, 2001.
12. Engheta, N. and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Introduction, history, and selected topics in fundamental theories of metamaterials," Metamaterials: Physics and Engineering Explorations, 17-19, IEEE Explore Digital Library (2010), (Books - Metamaterials section), Retrieved 2010-05-01, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006.
13. Abdalla, M. A. and Z. Hu, "Compact metamaterial coplanar waveguide ferrite tunable resonator," IEEE, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, 406-412, 2016.
14. Ismail, M., H. Elsadek, E. A. Abdallah, and A. A. Ammar, "New configurations of planar fractal microstrip antenna," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, San Diego, California, July 5–12, 2008.
15. Serra, A. A., P. Nepa, and G. Manara, "A wearable two-antenna system on a life jacket for Cospas-Sarsat personal locator beacons," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 2, 1035-1042, February 2012.