The light propagation through a one-dimensional symmetrical photonic structure, determined by the symmetric Silver mean Ag4 distribution embedded between two Bragg structures Bg27 (Bg27/Ag4/Bg27), is studied using the transfer matrix method (TMM). The focus lies on the investigation of the influence of symmetry of the structure as well as the dependence of transmission on the frequency, angle of incidence of the light striking the structure and symmetrical deformation of the structure. The deformation was introduced by applying a power law, so that the coordinates y of the deformed object were determined through the coordinates x of the non-deformed structure in accordance with the following rule: y = x1+k. Here, k is the degree of the law. A comparison will be made with a symmetrical periodic structure having the same number of layers. All results will be discussed in relation with the k values. Indeed, in the case of low k values close to zero a monochromatic filter was obtained, and in the case of relatively high values, an omnidirectional mirror is obtained.
2. Wang, N., H. Chen, and K. H. Kuo, "Two-dimensional quasicrystal with eightfold rotational symmetry," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 9, 1010, 1987.
3. Ishimasa, T., H. U. Nissen, and Y. Fukano, "New ordered state between crystalline and amorphous in Ni-Cr particles," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 5, 511, 1985.
4. Valy Vardeny, Z., A. Nahata, and A. Agrawal, "Optics of photonic quasicrystals," Nat. Photon., Vol. 7, 177-187, 2013.
5. Wang, Z., C. Guo, and W. Jiang, "Omnidirectional reflection extension in a one-dimensional superconducting-dielectric binary graded photonic crystal with graded geometric layers thicknesses," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 42, 13-22, 2013.
6. Nava, R., J. Taguena-Martinez, J. A. Riodel, and G. G. Naumis, "Perfect light transmission in Fibonacci arrays of dielectric multilayers," J. Phys.: Cond. Matt., Vol. 21, 155901, 2009.
7. De Spinade, V. W., "New smarandache sequences: The family of metallic means," Smarandache: Notions Journal, Vol. 8, No. 1-3, 81, 1997.
8. Thiem, S., M. Schreiber, and U. Grimm, "Light transmission through metallic-mean quasiperiodic stacks with oblique incidence," Philos. Mag., Vol. 91, 2801-2810, 2011.
9. Stewart, I., "Cuentos de un número desdeñado," Investigación y Ciencia, August 1996.
10. Zaghdoudi, J., M. Kanzari, and B. Rezig, "Design of omnidirectional asymmetrical high reflectors for optical telecommunication wavelengths," Eur. Phys. J. B, Vol. 42, 181, 2004.
11. Yeh, P. and A. Yariv, "Optical waves in crystals," Wiley Series in Pure and Applied Optics, 589, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1984.
12. De Medeiros, F. F., E. L. Albuquerque, and M. S. Vasconcelos, "Optical transmission spectra in quasiperiodic multilayered photonic structure," J. Phys. Cond. Matt., Vol. 18, No. 39, 8737, 2006.
13. Nava, R., J. Taguena-Martinez, J. A. Del Rio, and G. G. Naumis, "Perfect light transmission in Fibonacci arrays of dielectric multilayers," J. Phys.: Cond. Matt., Vol. 21, No. 15, 155901, 2009.