A time domain hybrid method is presented for efficiently solving the electromagnetic coupling problems of transmission lines in cavity. The proposed method is based on the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method and transmission line (TL) equations (FDTD-TL), which can achieve a strong synergism on the computations of field and circuit. The FDTD method with an auto mesh generation technique is employed to obtain the electric fields of transmission lines excited by an incident wave from the outside of the cavity. The electric fields are introduced into the TL equations as additional voltage sources at each time step of FDTD method. The current and voltage responses of terminal loads can be obtained by the TL equations. Two examples are presented to demonstrate the correctness of this method. The high efficiency of this hybrid method is verified by comparing the computation time with the traditional method.
2. Phumin, K., R. W. Justin, S. J. Yakura, C. Christos, and E. I. Naz, "A modular junction topological approach to aperture --- System interaction problem," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 296-299, 2007.
3. Jin, T., Q. Yang, and L. Ankun, "Generalized analysis model of information security of computer system based on electromagnetic topology," Fifth International Conference on Information Assurance and Security, 766-769, 2009.
4. Wang, J. G., Y. S. Chen, R. Y. Fan, H. Q. Yu, and D. B. Ge, "Numerical studies on nonlinear coupling of high power microwave pulses into a cylindrical cavity," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 24, No. 1, 193-197, 1996.
5. Wang, J. G., G. Z. Liu, and J. S. Zhou, "Investigations on function for linear coupling of microwaves into slots," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 15, No. 11, 1093-1099, 2003.
6. Bopp III, C. L. and C. M. Butler, "Analysis of transmission of a signal through a complex cylindrical/coaxial cavity by transmission line methods," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 33-51, 2006.
7. Jayasree, P. V. Y., V. S. S. N. S. Baba, B. Prabhakar Rao, and P. Lakshman, "Analysis of shielding effectiveness of single, double and laminated shields for oblique incidence of EM waves," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 187-202, 2010.
8. Xie, L. and Y. Z. Lei, "Transient response of a multiconductor transmission line with nonlinear terminations excited by an electric dipole," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 3, 805-810, 2009.
9. Yu, Q., Y. D. Wang, J. H. Han, C. X. Zhang, and M. Liu, "Development of the BLT equation in the time domain and its application in line," Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 11, 2372-2376, 2011.
10. Li, X. D., Q. G.Wang, X. Zhou, and S. L. Qin, "The research of electromagnetic conducted coupling in transmission-line," International Conference on Electronics and Optoelectronics, 110-112, 2011.
11. Kong, Y.-D., Q.-X. Chu, and R.-L. Li, "High-order unconditionally-stable four-step ADI-FDTD methods and numerical analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 713-734, 2013.
12. Xiong, R., B. Chen, J.-J. Han, Y.-Y. Qiu, W. Yang, and Q. Ning, "Transient resistance analysis of large grounding systems using the FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 159-175, 2012.
13. Xiong, R., B. Chen, Y. Mao, B. Li, and Q.-F. Jing, "A simple local approximation FDTD model of short apertures with a finite thickness," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 135-152, 2012.
14. Chen, J. and J. G. Wang, "A three-dimensional semi-implicit FDTD scheme for calculation of shielding effectiveness of enclosure with thin slots," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 49, No. 2, 354-360, 2007.
15. Chen, J. and J. G. Wang, "A three-dimensional HIE-PSTD scheme for simulation of thin slots," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 55, No. 6, 1239-1249, 2013.
16. Xie, H., J. Wang, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "Study of loss effect of transmission lines and validity of a SPICE model in electromagnetic topology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 89-103, 2009.
17. Xie, H. Y., J. G.Wang, R. Y. Fan, and Y. N. Liu, "A hybrid FDTD-SPICE method for transmission lines excited by a nonuniform incident wave," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 3, 811-817, 2009.
18. Xie, H. Y., J. G.Wang, R. Y. Fan, and Y. N. Liu, "SPICE models to analyze radiated and conducted susceptibilities of shielded coaxial cables," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 1, 215-222, 2010.