Fundamental properties of carbon nanotube antenna are firstly investigated to predict the antenna bundle response. The carbon nanotube effects are mathematically introduced via a quantum mechanical conductivity. This paper presents a new formulation based on integral equations system to study the coupled carbon nanotube antennas. The proposed integral equations system is numerically solved by the moments method. Each dipole antenna is excited at its center by a gap voltage source. The aim of the developed method is to investigate the antennas interaction effects for any coupling distance. The obtained input impedances, the current distributions and the antenna radiation patterns are in agreement with those obtained by the effective conductivity method or by the array factor method, according to the coupling distances.
2. Saito, R., G. Dresselhaus, and M. S. Dresselhaus, Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2003.
3. Charlier, J.-C., X. Blase, and S. Roche, "Electronic and transport properties of nanotubes," Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 79, 677, Apr.-Jun. 2007.
4. Burke, P. J., "An RF circuit model for carbon nanotubes," IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol., Vol. 2, No. 1, 55-58, Mar. 2003.
5. Burke, P. J., S. Li, and Z. Yu, "Quantitative theory of nanowire and nanotubes antenna performance," IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol., Vol. 5, No. 4, 314-334, Jul. 2006.
6. Hanson, G. W., "Fundamental transmitting properties of carbon nanotubes antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3426-3435, Washington, DC, Jul. 2-3, 2005.
7. Plombon, , J. J., K. P. O’Brien, F. Gstrein, and V. M. Dubin, "High-frequency electrical properties of individual and bundled carbon nanotubes," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 90, 063106, 2007.
8. Attiya, A. M., "Lower frequency limit of carbon nanotube antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 419-433, 2009.
9. Huang, Y., W.-Y. Yin, and Q. H. Liu, "Performance prediction of carbon nanotube bundle dipole antennas," IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol., Vol. 7, No. 3, 331-337, May 2008.
10. Lan, Y., B. Zeng, H. Zhang, B. Chen, and Z. Yang, "Simulation of carbon nanotube THz antenna arrays," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 27, No. 6, 871-877, Jun. 2006.
11. Wang, Y., Q. Wu, W. Shi, X. He, X. Sun, and T. Gui, "Radiation properties of carbon nanotubes antenna at terahertz/infrared range," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 29, No. 1, 35-42, 2008.
12. Ren, L., Q. Zhang, S. Nanot, I. Kawayama, M. Tonouchi, and J. Kono, "Terahertz dynamics of quantum-confined electrons in carbon nanomaterials," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 33, 846-860, 2012.
13. Nefedov, I. S., "Effects of electromagnetic interaction in periodic arrays of single-wall metallic carbon nanotubes," Materials Physics and Mechanics, Vol. 13, 1-8, 2012.
14. Aidi, M. and T. Aguili, "Performance prediction of coupled carbon nanotubes dipole antennas," IEEE Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation CEFC, May 2014.
15. Schelkunoff, S. A. and H. T. Friis, Antennas Theory and Practice, Wiley, New York, 1952.
16. Kelley, D. F. and W. L. Stutzman, "Array antenna pattern modeling methods that include mutual coupling effects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 12, 1625-1632, Dec. 1993.
17. Orfanidis, S. J., Electromagnetic Waves and Antennas, The MathWorks, Inc., ISBN: 0130938556.
18. Omri, D., M. Aidi, and T. Aguili, "Transient response of coupled wire antennas using the electric field integral equation with Laguerre polynomials as temporal basis functions," IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband, 245-250, Paris, Sep. 2014.
19. D’Amore, M., M. S. Sarto, and A. G. D’Aloia, "Skin-effect modeling of carbon nanotube bundles: The high-frequency effective impedance," 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 847-852, 2010, ISSN: 978-1-4244-6305-3.
20. Kadhom, M. J., J. S. Aziz, and R. S. Fyath, "Performance prediction of carbon nano tube dipole antenna using the complex permittivity approach," Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 12, 1586-1605, Dec. 2012.
21. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd Edition, Wiley, 2005, ISBN: 0-471-66782-X.
22. Duroc, Y., "Ultra-wideband antenna arrays: Systems with transfer function and impulse response," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 34, 117-123, 2014.
23. Haupt, R. L., Antenna Arrays: A Computational Approach, Wiley, 2010, ISBN: 978-0-470-40775-2.