A very simple and more efficient CAD model is proposed to demonstrate the effect on input impedance characteristics based on cavity model analysis for wide range of variations of superstrate parameters and feed locations of an equilateral triangular microstrip patch antenna having different side lengths. The computed values are compared with different theoretical and experimental values available in open literature, showing close agreement. A Maxwell's equation solver is also used to validate our model.
2. Biswas, M. and D. Guha, "Input impedance and resonance characteristic of superstrate loaded triangular microstrip patch," IET Microw. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 3, 92-98, Feb. 2009.
3. Sumantyo, J. T. S., K. Ito, and M. Takahashi, "Dual-band circularly polarized equilateral triangular-patch array antenna for mobile satellite communications ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 11, 3477-3485, Nov. 2005.
4. Nasimuddin, K. E. and A. K. Verma, "Resonant frequency of an equilateral triangular microstrip antenna," Microwav. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 5, 485-489, Dec. 2005.
5. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Theory and experiment of dual-mode microstrip triangular patch resonators and filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1237-1243, Apr. 2004.
6. Guha, D. and J. Y. Siddiqui, "Resonant frequency of equilateral triangular microstrip patch antenna with and without air gaps," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, No. 8, 2174-2177, Aug. 2004.
7. Nasimuddin, S. and A. K. Verma, "Fast and accurate model for analysis of equilateral triangular microstrip patch," Journal of Microwaves and Optoelectronics, Vol. 3, 90-110, 2004.
8. Yu, W. and R. Mittra, Conformal Finite Di®erence Time Domain Maxwell's Equation Solver, Software and User's Guide, Artech House, 2004.
9. Lu, J.-H. and K.-L. Wong, "Single-feed circularly polarized equilateral triangular microstrip antenna with a tuning stub," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 48, 1869-1872, 2000.
10. Gurel, C. S. and E. Yazgan, "New computation of the resonant frequency of a tunable equilateral triangular microstrip patch," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 48, 334-338, 2000.
11. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, 2000.
12. Hong, C.-S., "Gain-enhanced broadband microstrip antenna," Proc. Natl. Sci. Counc. ROC(A), Vol. 23, No. 5, 609-611, 1999.
13. Karaboga, D., K. Guney, N. Karaboga, and A. Kaplan, "Simple and accurate effective side length expression obtained by using a modi¯ed genetic algorithm for the resonant frequency of an equilateral triangular microstrip antenna," Int. J. Electron., Vol. 83, 99-108, Jan. 1997.
14. Mirshekar Syahkal, D. and H. R. Hassani, "Characteristics of stacked rectangular and triangular patch antennas for dual band applications," 8th IEE International Conference on Antennas and Propagat., 728-731, 1993.
15. Hassani, H. R. and D. Mirshekar Syahkal, "Analysis of triangular patch antennas including radome e®ects," IEE Proceedings H, Vol. 139, No. 3, 251-256, Jun. 1992.
16. Chen, W., K. F. Lee, and J. S. Dahele, "Theoretical and experimental studies of the resonant frequencies of equilateral triangular microstrip antenna ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, 1253-1256, Oct. 1992.
17. Gang, X., "On the resonant frequencies of microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, 245-247, 1989.
18. Lee, K. F., K. M. Luk, and J. S. Dahele, "Characteristics of the equilateral triangular patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 36, No. 11, 1510-1518, Nov. 1988.
19. Dahele, J. S. and K. F. Lee, "On the resonant frequencies of the triangular patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 100-101, 1987.
20. Alexopoulos, N. G. and D. R. Jackson, "Fundamental superstrate (cover) effects on printed circuit antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 32, 807-816, Aug. 1984.
21. Keuster, E. F. and D. C. Chang, "A geometrical theory for the resonant frequencies and Q factors of some triangular microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 31, 27-34, 1983.
22. Helszajn, J. and D. S. James, "Planar triangular resonators with magnetic walls," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 26, 95-100, Feb. 1978.