In this paper, a fast and efficient method has been proposed to analyze the electromagnetic shielding rooms with electrical large sizes and arbitrary shapes. The ray-tracing method is used to predict the Shielding Effectiveness (SE) of the electromagnetic shielding rooms. The proposed method is based on speeding up the ray tracing algorithm. The performance of the proposed method is verified by a comprehensive example. The effect of additional metal cabinet in the shielding effectiveness of shielding room has been investigated. Also the position of it has been found optimally to produce a ``best" performance for the shielding room.
2. Martin, T., M. Backstrom, and J. Loren, "Semi-empirical modeling of apertures for shielding effectiveness simulations," IEEE Trans. Electroman. Compat., Vol. 45, No. 2, 229-237, May 2003.
3. Bunting, C. F. and S.-P. Yu, "Field penetration in a rectangular box using numerical techniques: An effort to obtain statistical shielding effectiveness," IEEE Trans. Electroman. Compat., Vol. 46, No. 2, 160-168, May 2004.
4. Wallyn, W., D. De Zutter, and E. Laerman, "Fast shielding effectiveness prediction for realistic rectangular enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electomagn. Campat., Vol. 45, 639-643, Nov. 2003.
5. Marvin, A. C., J. F. Dawson, S. Ward, L. Dawson, J. Clegg, and A. Weissenfeld, "A proposed new definition and measurement of the shielding effect of equipment enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electomagn. Campat., Vol. 46, No. 3, 459-468, Aug. 2004.
6. Ott, H. W., Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems, 2nd Edition, Wiley, New York, 1988.
7. Robinson, M. P., T. M. Benson, C. Christopoulos, J. F. Dawson, M. D. Ganley, A. C. Marvin, S. J. Porter, and D. W. P. Thomas, "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. Electomagn. Campat., Vol. 40, No. 3, 240-247, Aug. 1998.
8. Razavi, S. M. J. and M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, Using double-layers walls for shielded enclosures, Microwave Conference Proceedings, APMC 2005. Asia-Pacific Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, No. 4-7, Dec. 2005.
9. Razavi, S. M. J. and M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, "Optimum design of electromagnetic shielding rooms with minimum usage of absorbing materials," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 1, Jan. 2010.
10. Yang, C.-F., B.-C. Wu, and C.-J. Ko, "A ray-tracing method for modeling indoor wave propagation and penetration," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 46, No. 6, 907-919, Jun. 1998.
11. Kim, H. and H. Ling, "Electromagnetic scattering from an inhomogeneous object by ray tracing," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, 517-525, May 1992.
12. Razavi, S. M. J. and M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, "Optimization of an anechoic chamber with ray-tracing and genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 9, 53-68, 2008.
13. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, Wiley, New York, 1989.
14. Razavi, S. M. J., M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, and A. Cheldavi, "Minimum usage of ferrite tiles in anechoic chambers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 19, 367-383, 2010.