Electromagnetic (EM) problem model for anisotropic plasma in kDB coordinates system is set up. And the model includes almost all the respects of EM-problems for anisotropic plasma. Based on shift-operator finite difference time-domain (SO-FDTD) method, Maxwell equations and EM-field constitutive equations are solved and discrete difference scheme of each EM-field component is obtained. Then the propagation characteristics of eigen wave are expressed by the two components of electric displacement vector as well. Lastly, three typical examples are calculated by SO-FDTD method, and the results verify the effectiveness and exactness of SO-FDTD method in kDB coordinates system.
2. Kung, K.-A., Electromagnetic Wave Theory, Electronics Industry Press, Beijing, 2003 (in Chinese).
3. Bi, D.-X., Electromagnetic Field Theory, Electronics Industry Press, Beijing, 1985 (in Chinese).
4. Kyriacou, G. A., "Wiener-hope analysis of planar canonical structures loaded with longitudinally magnetized plasma biased normally to the extra-ordinary wave propagation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 1-34, 2008.
5. Guo, H. P. and X. G. Liu, "Preliminary discussion on the relationship between EM wave propagation characteristics and medium parameters in anisotropic medium," Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 4, 1-7, 2002.
6. Wei, B. and D.-B. Ge, "Permittivity reconstruction of mono-axial anisotropic medium," Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 29, No. 5, 607-609, 2002 (in Chinese).
7. Fu, Z., H. X. Zhou, and K. Q. Zhang, "Electromagnetic wave propagation in chiral plasma and chiral ferrite," Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 4905, 381-389, 2002.
8. Ge, D.-B., Y.-L. Wu, and X.-Q. Zhu, "Shift operator method applied for dispersive medium in FDTD analysis," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 18, No. 4, 359-363, 2003 (in Chinese).
9. Yang, H.-W., et al., "SO-FDTD analysis of anisotropic magnetized plasma of plasma," Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 56, No. 3, 1443-1446, 2007 (in Chinese).
10. Yang, H. W., R. S. Chen, and Y. C. Zhou, "SO-FDTD analysis on magnetized plasma," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 28, No. 7, 751-758, 2007.
11. Wang, F., D.-B. Ge, and B. Wei, "SO-FDTD method for computation of reflection and transmission coefficients for magnetized plasma layer," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 23, No. 4, 704-707, 2008 (in Chinese).
12. Qian, Z. H. and R. S. Chen, "FDTD analysis of magnetized plasma with arbitrary magnetic declination," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 28, No. 1, 157-167, 2007.
13. Zheng, H.-X. and K. W. Leung, "An e±cient method to reduce the numerical dispersion in the ADI-FDTD," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 7, 2295-2301, 2005.
14. Chew, W. C., The Field and Wave in Inhomogeneous Medium, Electronics Industry Press, Pecking, 1992 (in Chinese).
15. Ginzburg, V. L., The Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasmas, 2nd Ed., Pergamon, New York, 1970.
16. Hunsberger, F., R. Luebbers, and K. Kunz, "Finite-difference time-domain analysis of gyrotropic media-I: Magnetized plasma," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 40, No. 12, 1489-1495, 1992.
17. Ye, Q. and F. Lu, "The anisotropic cell model in the colloidal plasmas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 381-396, 2010.