A uniform geometrical theory of diffraction (UTD) enhanced physical optics and time domain integral equation (PO-TDIE) hybrid algorithm is proposed. UTD is applied to calculate the edge effect and to compensate the calculation error made by the PO current approximation. This method can improve the accuracy while maintaining the computational complexity, compared to PO-TDIE. Numerical result illustrates the validity and efficiency of the proposed method.
2. Walker, S. P., "Developments in time domain integral equation modeling at imperial college," IEEE Ant. Prop. Mag., Vol. 39, No. 1, 7-19, 1997.
3. Walker, S. P., "Scattering analysis via time domain integral equations: Methods to reduce the scaling of cost with frequency," IEEE Ant. Prop. Mag., Vol. 39, No. 5, 13-20, 1997.
4. Ergin, A., B. Shanker, and E. Michielssen, "The plane-wave time-domain algorithm for the fast analysis of transient wave phenomena," IEEE Ant. Prop. Mag., Vol. 41, No. 4, 39-52, 1999.
5. Shanker, B., et al., "Fast analysis of transient electromagnetic scattering phenomena using the multilevel plane wave time domain algorithm," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 628-641, 2003.
6. Yilmaz, A. E., J. M. Jin, and E. Michielssen, "Time domain adaptive integral method for the combined field integral equation," Proc. IEEE Antennas Propagat S. Int. Symp., 543-546, 2003.
7. Yilmaz, A. E., J. M. Jin, and E. Michielssen, "Time domain adaptive integral method for surface integral equations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, No. 10, 2692-2708, 2004.
8. Ren, M., et al., "Coupled TDIE-PO method for transient scattering from electrically large conducting objects," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 4, 258-260, 2008.
9. Walker, S. P. and M. J. Vartiainen, "Hybridization of curvilinear time-domain integral equation and time-domain optical methods for electromagnetic scattering analysis," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 46, No. 3, 318-324, 1998.
10. Kouyoumjian, R. G. and P. H. Pathak, "A uniform geometrical theory of di®raction for an edge in a perfectly conducting surface," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 62, No. 11, 1448-1461, 1974.
11. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, 1982.
12. Rao, S. M., Time Domain Electromagnetics, Academic Press, 1999.
13. Costa, M. F., "Electromagnetic radiation and scattering from a system of conducting bodies interconnected by wires,", Ph.D. Dissertation, Syracuse University, 1983.
14. Veruttipong, T. W., "Time domain version of the uniform GTD," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 38, No. 11, 1757-1764, 1990.
15. Rousseau, P. R. and P. H. Pathak, "Time-domain uniform geometrical theory of diffraction for a curved wedge," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 43, No. 12, 1375-1382, 1995.