In the present investigation, diffraction from a slit in perfectly electromagnetic conducting (PEMC) plane has been studied. Both the E- and H-polarization are considered and the method of analysis is Kobayashi Potential (KP). The mathematical formulation involves dual integral equations (DIEs). These DIEs are solved by using the discontinuous properties of Weber-Schafheitlin's integral. The resulting expressions, finally, reduce to matrix equations. These are then used to compute the values of unknown expansion coefficients. Numerical results are presented for different parameters of interest especially the dependance of co-polarized and cross-polarized components on the admittance parameter.
2. Lindell, I. V., Differential Forms in Electromagnetics, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 2004.
3. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Realization of the PEMC boundary," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 9, 3012-3018, 2005.
4. Jancewics, B., "Plane electromagnetic wave in PEMC,", arXiv:physics/050823.
5. Ruppin, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfect electromagnetic conductor sphere," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 12, 1569-1576, 2006.
6. Ruppin, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfectly electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1853-1860, 2006.
7. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from a perfectly electromagnetic conductor circular cylinder coated with a metamaterial having negative permittivity and/or permeability," Opt. Commun., Vol. 281, 5664-5670, 2008.
8. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from a two dimnsional perfectly electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) strip and PEMC grating simulating by circular cylinders," Opt. Commun., Vol. 281, 4211-4218, 2008.
9. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering of two or more incident plane wave by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder coated with a metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 10, 75-90, 2008.
10. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from parallel perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinders of circular cross-sections using an iterative procedure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 7, 987-1003, 2008.
11. Hamid, A.-K. and F. R. Cooray, "Scattering from a perfect electromagnetic conducting spheroid," ICTTA 2008, 1-6, April 7-11, 2008.
12. Illahi, A., M. Afzaal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of dipole field by a perfectly electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 43-53, 2008.
13. Illahi, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of an arbitrarily oriented dipole field by an infinite and finite length PEMC circular cylinder," Central European Journal of Physics, in press, 2009.
14. Hehl, F. W. and Y. N. Obukhov, "Linear media in classical electrodynamics and the post constraint," Phys. Lett. A, Vol. 334, 249-259, 2005.
15. Obukhov, Y. N. and F. W. Hehl, "Measuring a piecewise constant axion field in classical electrodynamics," Phys. Lett. A, Vol. 341, 357-365, 2005.
16. Kobayashi, I., "Darstellung eines potentials in zylindrischen koordinaten, das sich auf einer ebene innerhalb und ausserhalb einer gewissen kreisbegrenzung verschiedener grenzbedingung unterwirft,", Sci. Rep., Tohoku Univ., Ser. 1, No. 20, 197-212, 1931.
17. Sneddon, I. N., Mixed Boundary Value Problems in Potential Theory, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1966.
18. Hongo, K., "Diffraction of electromagnetic plane wave by a slit," Trans. Inst. Electronics and Comm. Engineers in Japan, Vol. 55-B, No. 6, 328-330, 1972.
19. Hongo, K. and H. Serizawa, "Diffraction of electromagnetic plane wave by a rectangular plate and a rectangular hole in the conducting plate," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 6, 1029-1041, 1999.
20. Imran, A., Q. A. Naqvi, and K. Hongo, "Diffraction of plane wave by two parallel slits in an infinitely long impedance plane using the method of kobayashi potential," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 107-123, 2006.
21. Hongo, K. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Diffraction of electromagnetic wave by disk and circular hole in a perfectly conducting plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 113-150, 2007.
22. Imran, A., Q. A. Naqvi, and K. Hongo, "Diffraction of electromagnetic plane wave by an impedance strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 303-318, 2007.
23. Magnus, W., F. Oberhettinger, and R. P. Soni, Formulas and Theorems for the Special Functions of Mathematical Physics, Spinger-Verlag, New York.