Cyclic delay diversity (CDD) is a simple approach to increase the frequency selectivity of the channel in an orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) based transmission scheme. However, CDD can cause serious degradation in the performance of channel and frequency estimation in the frequency domain. This paper suggests a post-FFT frequency estimation scheme suitable for arbitrary cyclic delays in the CDD-OFDM system. By partitioning uncorrelated pilot subcarriers into subsets to be flat, and performing frequency estimation for each pilot subset, a robust integer frequency offset estimation scheme is derived.
2. ECMA International, Standard ECMA-368, "High rate ultra wideband PHY and MAC standard,", December 2007.
3. Liu, W. C. and C. F. Hsu, "CPW-FED notched monopole antenna for UMTS/IMT-2000/WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 6, 841-851, 2007.
4. Shams, K. M. and M. Ali, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Journal of Electromagnetic, Vol. 20, No. 7, 861-871, 2006.
5. Fu, F., L. Yan, K. Huang, and J. Dong, "Design and implement of a CPW-FED meander monopole antenna with V-shape notched a CPW-FED meander monopole antenna with V-shape notched," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 2129-2136, 2007.
6. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, B.-Z. Wang, Q.-Y. Qin, B. He, and D.-M. Wan, "A novel planar monopole antenna with an H-shaped ground plane for dual-band WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2229-2239, 2007.
7. Qin, W., "A novel patch antenna with a T-shaped parastic strip A novel patch antenna with a T-shaped parastic strip for 2.4/5.8 GHZ WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2311-2320, 2007.
8. Peng, L. and C. Ruan, "A microstrip FED monopole patch antenna with three stubs for dual-band WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2359-2369, 2007.
9. IEEE Std P802.11n/D3.00, "Wireless LAN medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications: Amendment 4: Enhancements for higher throughput,", September 2007.
10. IEEE Std. P802.16e/D12, "Air interface for fixed and mobile broadband wireless access systems,", October 2005.
11. Min, K.-S., M.-S. Kim, C.-K. Park, and M. D. Vu, "Design for PCS antenna based on Wibro-MIMO," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 77-83, 2008.
12. Koo, B.-W., M.-S. Baek, and H.-K. Song, "Multiple antenna transmission technique for UWB system," Progress In Electromagnetics Progress In Electromagnetics, Vol. 2, 177-185, 2008.
13. Abouda, A. A., H. M. El-Sallabi, and L. Vuokko, "Spatial smoothing effects on Kroneker MIMO channel model in urban microcells," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 681-696, 2007.
14. Noori, N. and H. Oraizi, "Evaluation of MIMO channel capacity in indoor environments using vector parabolic equation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 13-25, 2008.
15. Dammann, A. and S. Kaiser, "Standard conformable antenna diversity techniques for OFDM and its application to the DVB-T system," Proc. of GLOBCOM’01, 3100-3105, November 2001.
16. Zhang, Y., J. Cosmas, M. Bard, and Y.-H. Song, "Diversity gain for DVB-H by using transmitter/receiver cyclic delay diversity," IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, Vol. 52, No. 4, 464-474, December 2006.
17. Allen, B., F. Said, G. Bauch, G. Auer, and A. H. Aghvami, "Spectrally efficient transmit diversity scheme for differentially modulated multicarrier transmissions," IEE Proceedings Communications, Vol. 152, No. 4, 457-462, August 2005.
18. Bauch, G. and J. S. Malik, "Orthogonal frequency division multiple access with cyclic delay diversity," Proc. of ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, 17-24, March 2004.
19. Auer, A., "Channel estimation for OFDM with cyclic delay diversity," Proc. of PIMRC’04, 1792-1796, September 2004.
20. Lei, J. and T.-S. Ng, "A consistent OFDM carrier frequency offset estimator based on distinctively spaced pilot tones," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 3, No. 2, 588-599, March 2004.
21. Stuber, G. L., J. R. Barry, S. W. McLaughlin, Y. Li, M. A. Ingram, and T. G. Pratt, "Broadband MIMO-OFDM wireless communications," Proceeding of the IEEE, Vol. 92, No. 2, 271-294, Feburary 2004.
22., "Petition for rulemaking to the united states federal communications commisiion for in-band on-channel digital audio broadcasting,", USADR, October 1998.
23. Nogami, H. and T. Nagashima, "A frequency and timing period acquisition technique for OFDM systems," Proc. PIRMC’95, 1010-1015, September 1995.