This paper reports a high IIP3 even harmonic mixer with a new circuit configuration. This mixer employs an antiparallel diode pair, open and short circuited stubs and a radial stub as filters to separate RF input signal, Baseband output signal and LO Power. This mixer is used for down converting 3G Mobile downlink Signal at 2140MHz to BaseBand by using a local oscillator at 1070MHz in direct conversion configuration. This mixer must comply with the requirements specified by 3G UMTS: 3rd order Input Intercept Point = 14.466dBm ≥ 11 dBm, Noise Figure = 9 dB and Conversion Loss = 11 dB.
2. Itoh, K., A. Iida, Y. Sasaki, and S. Urasaki, "A 40 GHz band monolithic even harmonic mixer with an antiparallel diode pair," IEEE MTT-S Digest, 1991.
3. Matreci, J. and F. K. David, "Unbiased, subharmonic mixer for millimeter wave spectrum analyzers," 1983 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 130-132, 1983.
4. Cohn, M., J. E. Degenford, and B. A. Newman, "Harmonic mixing with antiparallel diode pair," IEEE Trans. On Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 23, No. 8, 667-673, Aug. 1975.
5. Maas, S. A., Nonlinear Microwave and RF Circuits, 2nd Ed., Artech House, 2003.
6. Jensen, O. K., et al., "RF receiver requirements for 3G W-CDMA mobile equipment," Microwave Journal, Vol. 43, No. 2, 22-46, 2000.
7. Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), "UE radio transmission and reception (FDD)," Technical Specification 25.101, Vol. 3.0.0, October 1999.
8. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications," John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2001.
9. Agilent Technologies, Agilent HSMS-286X Series Surface Mount Microwave Schottky Detector Diodes, datasheet.
10. Mass, S., "Two-tone intermodulation in diode mixers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 35, No. 3, 307-314, March 1987.
11. Itoh, K., M. Shimozawat, N. Suematsut, and O. Ishidat, "Even harmonic type direct conversion receiver ICS for mobile handsets: Design challenges and solutions," IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium, 1999.