The integration of directed energy weapons (DEWs) into modern military platforms is of considerable interest to those examining the impact of emerging technology on the future fighting force. Hence the performance prediction of DEWs is of importance. The purpose of this study is to develop a simple framework where the minimum number of DEWs deployed in an operational setting can be determined, to achieve a desired level of performance.
2. Nielsen, P. E., "Effects of directed energy weapons,", National Defence University, Washington, 1994.
3. Anderberg, B. and M. L.Wolbarsht, "High energy laser (HEL) weapons," Laser Weapons, Springer, Boston, 1992.
4. Lavan, M., "High energy laser systems for short range defense," Acta Physica Polonica Series A, Vol. 115, No. 6, 2009.
5. Bayram, Y., J. L. Volakis, S. K. Myoung, S. J. Doo, and P. Robin, "High power EMI on RF amplifier and digital modulation schemes," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 50, 849-860, 2008.
6. Radasky, W. A., "The threat of intentional interference (IEMI) to wired and wireless systems," 17th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2006.
7. Hafften, M. and R. Stratton, "High energy laser weapon integration with ground vehicles," NATO Report presented to RTO AVT Symposium, RTO-MP-AVT-108, 2004.
8. Mantzouris, G., "Thermomechanical analysis of ground-based directed energy weapons on satellites and intercontinential ballistic missiles,", Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, 2006.
9. Hu, F., D. X. Ou, and X.-L. Huang, UAV Swarm Networks: Models, Protocols and Systems, CRC Press, 2021.
10. Graswald, M., R. Gutser, F. Grabner, B. Meyer, C. Winter, and A. Oelerich, "Defeating UAVs through novel HPEM effectors," 31st International Symposium on Ballistics, India, 2019.
11. Yun, Q., B. Song, and Y. Pei, "Modeling the impact of high energy laser weapon on the mission effectiveness of unmanned combat aerial vehicles," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 32246-32257, 2020.
12. Lyu, C. and R. Zhan, "Global analysis of active defense technologies for unmanned aerial vehicle," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 37, No. 1, 6-31, 2022.
13. Weinberg, G. V., "Performance prediction of directed energy weapons," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 108, 79-88, 2022.
14. Feng, B., X. Liang, W. G. Du, C. L. Qiu, and R. S. Hou, "A stochastic vulnerability analysis method for armored vehicles with active protection systems," Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1507 082051, 2020.
15. Yang, L. and J. Xu, "Analysis on the development of active protection system for tanks and armored vehicles," Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1855 012034, 2021.
16. Weinberg, G. V., "Quantification of combat team survivability with high power RF directed energy weapons," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 102, 1-11, 2021.
17. Weinberg, G. V., "A queueing theoretic approach for performance prediction of collaborative active protection systems," Proceedings of the 24th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM), 904-910, Sydney, 2021.
18. Weinberg, G. V., "Determining performance limits for directed energy weapons in collaborative active protection systems," Proceedings of the 24th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM), 911-917, Sydney, 2021.
19. Weinberg, G. V. and M. M. Kracman, "Armoured fighting vehicle team performance prediction against missile attacks with directed energy weapons,", ArXiv Preprint, arXiv:2106.14381v1, 2021.
20. Sprangle, P., J. Penano, and B. Hafizi, "Optimum wavelength and power for efficient laser propagation in various atmospheric environments," Naval Research Laboratory Report, NRL/MR/6790-05-8907, 2005.