The uplink and downlink of modern satellite communication systems operate on different frequency bands. A novel dual-band dual circular polarization filter antenna with a single port is proposed in this paper. The dual-band characteristic of the antenna is obtained by exciting stacked patches. The antenna supports right-handed circular polarization (RHCP) at lower frequency band and left-handed circular polarization (LHCP) at higher frequency band, respectively. The feeding network is realized with a strip line, and the antenna can be equivalent to a parallel circuit. If the lower frequency patch works, the higher frequency patch presents high impedance, and vice versa. Therefore, the antenna has excellent filtering performance. The measurements of antenna prototype are in good agreement with the simulation results. The impedance bandwidth is 5.80-6.10 GHz and 9.20-10.64 GHz, and the axial ratio (AR) bandwidth is 40 MHz for lower band and 180 MHz for higher band, respectively. Meanwhile, the radiation pattern is stable in the operation frequency bands.
2. Zhang, J., L. Zhu, N. Liu, and W. Wu, "Dual-band and dual-circularly polarized single-layer microstrip array based on multiresonant modes," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, 1428-1433, 2017.
3. Kumar, K., S. Dwari, and M. K. Mandal, "Dual-band dual-sense circularly polarized substrate integrated waveguide antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 17, 521-524, 2018.
4. Wang, S., L. Zhu, G. Zhang, J. Yang, J. Wang, and W. Wu, "Dual-band dual-CP all-metal antenna with large signal coverage and high isolation over two bands for vehicular communications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 69, 1131-1135, 2020.
5. Wang, W., C. Chen, S. Wang, and W. Wu, "Switchable dual-band dual-sense circularly polarized patch antenna implemented by dual-band phase shifter of ±90◦," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 69, 6912-6917, 2021.
6. Liu, Y., Z. Yue, Y. Jia, Y. Xu, and Q. Xue, "Dual-band dual-circularly polarized antenna array with printed ridge gap waveguide," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 69, 5118-5123, 2021.
7. Ahmed, M. F., A. H. Shaalan, and K. H. Awadalla, "Design and simulation of a single fed multi-band circularly polarized microstrip antenna with slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 71-79, 2015.
8. Zhang, L. and T. Dong, "RCS reduction using a miniaturized uni-planar electromagnetic band gap structure for circularly polarized microstrip antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 66, 135-141, 2017.
9. Zhu, J., Y. Yang, S. Li, S. Liao, and Q. Xue, "Dual-band dual circularly polarized antenna array using FSS-integrated polarization rotation AMC ground for vehicle satellite communications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, 10742-10751, 2019.
10. Ge, L., S. Gao, Y. Li, W. Qin, and J. Wang, "A low-prole dual-band antenna with different polarization and radiation properties over two bands for vehicular communications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, 1004-1008, 2019.
11. Li, Y., B. Tian, J. Xue, and G. Ge, "Compact dual-band circularly polarized antenna design for navigation terminals," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 802-805, 2016.
12. Liang, Z. X., D. C. Yang, X. C. Wei, and E. P. Li, "Dual-band dual circularly polarized microstrip antenna with two eccentric rings and an arc-shaped conducting strip," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 834-837, 2016.
13. Mao, C., Z. H. Jiang, D. H. Werner, S. S. Gao, and W. Hong, "Compact self-diplexing dual-band dual-sense circularly polarized array antenna with closely spaced operating frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, 4617-4625, 2019.