In this paper, a novel simple structure for all optical photonic crystal based logic gate is presented. The structure is based on coupling the input signals to a combiner and thresholding the output signal of the combiner. The unit cell of the structure is designed to achieve band gap around the communication wavelength (i.e. 1.5 μm). The presented structure reveals low cross couple between gate inputs. The structure has no symmetry between inputs, which enables realization of the gate on small footprint photonic crystal. The structure offers 0.1 μ bandwidth around the communication wavelength. The footprint of the structure is 25.59 μm × 25.31 μm.
2. Younis, R. M., N. F. F. Areed, and S. S. A. Obayya, "Fully integrated AND and OR optical logic gates," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 26, No. 19, 1900-1903, 2014.
3. He, L., W. X. Zhang, and X. D. Zhang, "Topological all-optical logic gates based on two-dimensional photonic crystals," Optic Express, Vol. 27, No. 18, 25841-25860, 2019.
4. Dey, S., A. K. Shukla, and V. P. Dubey, "Design of all optical logical OR gate based on 2-D photonic crystal," Proceeding of 2017 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing and Communication Technologies (ICETCCT), Nov. 17–18, 2017.
5. Pirzadi, M., A. Mir, and D. Bodaghi, "Realization of ultra-accurate and compact all-optical photonic crystal OR logic gate," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 28, No. 21, 2387-2390, 2016.
6. Salah, B. M., L. M. Redha, B. Touraya, and B. Mohamed, "All-optical NOT/OR/XOR logic gates based on photonic crystal with low response time and high contrast ratio," Proceeding of 2020 1st International Conference on Communications, Control Systems and Signal Processing (CCSSP), May 16–17, 2020.