A wideband end fire antenna architecture in planar technology with fewer turns: helix antenna in planar technology adopting thickness of quarter wavelength is suggested. A wideband 24 GHz helix antenna with 2.25 turns in Rogers compressed RT 4350 technology is presented. The antenna has a bandwidth of 6.2 GHz for S11, gain of 9.3 dBi, half power width of 39.5° and 39° respectively in X-Z and X-Y planes. This helix antenna is characterized by wide bandwidth, high gain, high half power width, compactness and high gain turn ratio. It could also be utilized in antenna design for other frequency bands with compressed PCB technology, as well for on-chip THz antenna design.
2. Kommalapati, A. C., C. Zhao, and S. Aditya, "A printed planar helix antenna," 9th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2015.
3. Syrytsin, I., S. Zhang, and G. F. Pedersen, "Circularly polarized planar helix phased antenna array for 5G mobile terminals," International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Verona, Italy, 2017.
4. Huang, J., Z. Xue, W. Ren, and W. Li, "The low-profile end-fire antenna with circular polarization at S band," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA, 2017.
5. Chen, Z. and Z. Shen, "Planar helical antenna of circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 10, 4315-4323, 2015.
6. Zainud-Deen, S. H., H. A. El-Azem Malhat, N. A. A. S. El-Shalaby, and S. M. Gaber, "Circular polarization bandwidth reconfigurable high gain planar plasma helical antenna," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 47, No. 9, 4274-4280, 2019.
7. Naqvi, A. H., J.-H. Park, C.-W. Baek, and S. Lim, "V-band end-fire radiating planar micromachined helical antenna using through-glass silicon via (TGSV) technology," IEEE Access, No. 7, 87907-87915, 2019.
8. Chen, Q., W. Wu, Y. Di, and Z. Hu, "A planar compact helical log-periodic array," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Boston, MA, USA, 2018.
9. Kraus, J. D. and R. J. Marhefka, Antennas: For All Applications, 3rd edition, Publishing House of Electronic Industry, Beijing, 2008.