Complex interconnection structure is a common structure on printed circuit board (PCB). Herein, the paper proposes a method of crosstalk cancellation point at the crosstalk problem between microstrip lines in a complex interconnection structure. First, a model of the coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix (CTL-CTM) of the complex interconnection structure is established. Second, the CTL-CTM is simplified through the equivalence of crosstalk-coupling coefficient of parallel coupling microstrip lines to that of the complex interconnection structure. The eigenvalue of the simplified CTL-CTM is then decomposed, based on which the construction of crosstalk cancellation circuit is performed. Simulation results show that the proposed method can effectively improve the quality of eye patterns on complex interconnection structures.
2. Halligan, M. and D. Beetne, "Maximum crosstalk estimation in, weakly coupled transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 736-743, 2014.
3. Gao, X., et al., "Crosstalk suppression based on mode mismatch between spoof SPP transmission line and microstrip," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, 1-7, 2019.
4. Paul, C. R., Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey, 2005.
5. Refaie, M. I., W. S. El-Deeb, and M. I. Abdalla, "A study of using graphene coated microstrip lines for crosstalk reduction at radio frequency," Proceedings of the 35th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC), 85-90, Cairo, Egypt, March 20–22, 2018.
6. Xu, J. and S. Wang, "Investigating a guard trace ring to suppress the crosstalk due to a clock trace on a power electronics DSP control board," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 546-554, 2015.
7. Huang, B., K. Che, and C. Wang, "Far-end crosstalk noise reduction using decoupling capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 1, 1-13, 2016.
8. Balakrishnan, R., S. A. Thomas, and S. Sharan, "Crosstalk and EMI Reduction using enhanced Guard Trace Technique," 2018 IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packaging and Systems Symposium (EDAPS), 1-3, Chandigarh, India, December 16–18, 2018.
9. Liu, X., et al., "Crosstalk reduction design and analysis of the planar meander transmission lines," Proceedings of the 2018 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), 1-2, Busan, Korea, October 23–26, 2018.
10. Quan, H. and Z. Sun, "Research on guard band to reduce the crosstalk for non-parallel microstrip lines," Journal of Electronic Measurement and Instrument, Vol. 25, No. 10, 850-856, 2011.
11. Wang, Y. and X. Li, "Crosstalk cancellation method based on unitary transformation of coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 45-50, 2015.
12. Li, P., Jitter, Noise, and Signal Integrity at High-Speed, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2008.
13. Liang, C., Computing Microwave, Xidian University Press, Xian, 2012.
14. Wang, Y., "Crosstalk cancellation for non-parallel microstrip lines," Journal of Microwaves, Vol. 34, No. 3, 65-68, 2018.
15. Liu, X., et al., "Transmission line equation based crosstalk analysis of multiconductor nonparallel transmission line," Modern Electronics Technique, Vol. 40, No. 1, 163-166, 2017.