A hybrid Minkowskized fractal-like antenna structure for wireless application is presented in this paper. The Minkowskized radiating structure and feed line have been designed at the top layer of FR-4 substrate (tan(δ) = 0.02, εr = 4.3, h = 1.6). A modified ground plane with a parasitic patch is etched at bottom side of the dielectric substrate. The fabricated antenna exhibits the resonance at frequencies 0.83, 1.05, 1.6, 2.12, 3.25, 3.75 and 5.2 GHz. It covers six bands of frequencies band-1 (0.825-0.835 GHz), band-2 (0.913-1.22 GHz), band-3 (1.33-1.79 GHz) band-4 (2.04-2.18 GHz) band-5 (2.9-3.91 GHz) and band-6 (4.9-5.64 GHz) for |S11| ≤ -10 dB which are suitable for several wireless communication bands (i.e. GSM 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, Wi-MAX, Wi-Fi 802.11y and WLAN 802.11b/g/a). The surface current distribution and radiation pattern have been studied at resonating frequencies.
2. James, J. R. and P. S. Hall, Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, Peter Peregrinus, UK, 1989.
3. Pozar, D. M. P. and D. H. Schaubert, Microstrip Antennas, the Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, NY, 1995.
4. Mandelbrot, B. B., The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Freeman and Company, 1983.
5. Cohen, N., "Fractal antennas," Communications Quarterly, Vol. 9, 1995.
6. Shukla, B. K., N. Kashyap, and R. K. Baghel, "Wide slot antenna with Y shape tuning element for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 59, 45-54, 2017.
7. Mirzapour, B. and H. R. Hassani, "Size reduction and bandwidth enhancement of snowflake fractal antenna," IET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 2, 180-187, 2008.
8. Suganthi, S., S. Raghavan, D. Kumar, and S. Hosimin Thilagar, "Planar fractal antennas for wireless devices," IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT 2011), VI-98–102, Kanyakumari, Apr. 8–10, 2011.
9. Ismahayati, W., P. J. Soh, R. Hadibah, and G. A. E. Vandenbosch, "Design and analysis of a multiband Koch fractal monopole antenna," IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference, 58-62, Seremban, Malaysia, Dec. 12–14, 2011.
10. Choukiker, Y. K., S. K Sharma, and S. K. Behera, "Hybrid fractal shape planar monopole antenna covering multiband wireless communications with MIMO implementation for handheld mobile devices," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1483-1488, Mar. 2014.
11. Wu, P., Z. Kuai, and X. Zhu, "Multi-band antennas comprising multiple frame printed dipoles," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 10, 3313-3317, Oct. 2009.
12. Li, J., T. Jiang, and C. Cheng, "Hilbert fractal antenna for UHF detection of partial discharges in transformers," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 20, No. 6, 2017-2025, Dec. 2013.
13. Azari, A., A. Ismail, A. Sali, and F. Hashim, "A new super wideband fractal monopole dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1014-1016, 2013.
14. Baliarda, C. P., J. Romeu, and A. Cardama, "The Koch monopole: A small fractal antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 11, 1773-1781, Nov. 2000.
15. Oraizi, H. and S. Hedayati, "Miniaturization of microstrip antennas by the novel application of the giuseppe piano fractal geometries," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 8, 3559-3567, Aug. 2012.
16. Dhar, S., R. Ghatak, B. Gupta, and D. R. Poddar, "A wideband Minkowski fractal dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, 2895-2903, 2013.
17. Dhar, S., K. Patra, R. Ghatak, B. Gupta, and D. R. Poddar, "A dielectric resonator-loaded Minkowski fractal-shaped slot loop hepta band antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1521-1529, 2015.
18. Borja, C. and J. Romeu, "On the behavior of Koch island fractal boundary microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 6, 1281-1291, Jun. 2003.
19. Puente-Baliarda, C., J. Romeu, R. Pous, and A. Cardama, "On the behavior of the sierpinski multiband fractal antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 4, 517-524, Apr. 1998.
20. Srivatsun, G. and S. Subha Rani, "A compact multiband fractal cantor antenna for wireless application," European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 71, No. 2, 273-282, 2012.
21. Srivatsun, G. and S. Subha Rani, "A novel compact multiband fractal antenna for wireless application," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, 82-88, 2012.
22. Viti, L., A. Politano, and M. S. Vitiello, "Black phosphorus nanodevices at terahertz frequencies: Photo detectors and future challenges," APL Materials, Vol. 5, 035602, 2017.
23. Mitrofanov, O., L. Viti, E. Dardanis, M. C. Giordano, D. Ercolani, A. Politano, L. Sorba, and M. S. Vitiello, "Near-field terahertz probes with room-temperature nano detectors for sub wavelength resolution imaging," Sci. Rep., Vol. 7, 44240, 2017.
24. Viti, L., J. Hu, D. Coquillat, A. Politano, W. Knap, and M. S. Vitiello, "Efficient terahertz detection in black-phosphorus nano-transistors with selective and controllable plasma-wave, bolometric and thermoelectric response," Sci. Rep., Vol. 6, 20474, 2016.
25. Viti, L., D. Coquillat, A. Politano, K. A. Kokh, Z. S. Aliev, M. B. Babanly, O. E. Tereshchenko, W. Knap, E. V. Chulkov, and M. S. Vitiello, "Plasma-wave Terahertz detection mediated by topological insulators surface states," Nano Lett., Vol. 16, 80, 2016.
26. Viti, L., J. Hu, D. Coquillat, W. Knap, A. Tredicucci, A. Politano, and M. S. Vitiello, "Black-phosphorus Terahertz photo detectors," Adv. Mater., Vol. 27, 5567, 2015.
27. Li, D. and J.-F. Mao, "Koch-like sided Sierpinski gasket multifractal dipole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 126, 399-427, 2012.
28. Li, D. and J.-F. Mao, "Sierpinskized Koch-like sided multifractal dipole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 130, 207-224, 2012.
29. Karli, R. and H. Ammor, "A simple and original design of multiband microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication," IJMA, Vol. 2, No. 2, 41-44, 2013.
30. Azaro, R., L. Debiasi, E. Zeni, M. Benedetti, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "A hybrid pre fractal three-band antenna for multi standard mobile wireless applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 905-908, 2009.