In this paper, to overcome signal-to-interference-and-noise ratio (SINR) performance degradation in the presence of steering vector (SV) mismatch between beam pointing and desired signal's SVs, we study the mismatch of SV with adaptive uncertainty level. This estimation is derived based on the geometrical interpretation of the mismatch and can be expressed as a simple closed-form expression as a function of the presumed SV and the signal-subspace projection. Then, the adaptive uncertainty algorithm self-adjusts the uncertainty sphere according to the estimated mismatch SV at each iteration. Finally, the robust adaptive sidelobe canceller (R-IASLC) algorithm can accurately evaluate the mismatches between the actual and presumed SVs and improve the target SINR. Simulation results verify the effectiveness of this method.
2. Quan, G. and G. Li, "A high performance beam forming method based on the secondary combination array," Advanced Information Management, Communicates, Electronic and Automation Control Conference, IEEE, 1058-1061, 2017.
3. Shen, M., D. Wu, and D. Zhu, "An ultra-low sidelobe ADBF algorithm for digital array," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 11-12, 1611-1618, 2012.
4. Cox, H., "Resolving power and sensitivity to mismatch of optimum array processors," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 54, No. 3, 771-785, 1973.
5. Krolik, J. L., "The performance of matched-field beamformers with Mediterranean vertical array data," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 44, No. 7, 2605-2611, 1996.
6. Lie, J. P., W. Ser, and M. S. S. Chong, "Adaptive uncertainty based iterative robust capon beamformer using steering vector mismatch estimation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 59, No. 6, 4483-4488, 2011.
7. Ke, Y., et al., "Robust adaptive beamforming using noise reduction preprocessing-based fully automatic diagonal loading and steering vector estimation," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, No. 99, 12974-12987, 2017.
8. Donelli, M. and P. Febvre, "An inexpensive reconfigurable planar array for Wi-Fi applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 28, 71-81, 2012.
9. Viani, F., et al., "Exploitation of parasitic smart antennas in wireless sensor networks," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 7, 993-1003, 2010.
10. Veen, B. D. V. and K. M. Buckley, "Beamforming: A versatile approach to spatial filtering," ASSP Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2, 4-24, 2002.
11. Yu, K. B. and D. J. Murrow, "Adaptive digital beamforming for angle estimation in jamming," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace & Electronic Systems, Vol. 37, No. 2, 508-523, 2002.
12. Liao, B., S. C. Chan, and K. M. Tsui, "Recursive steering vector estimation and adaptive beamforming under uncertainties," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace & Electronic Systems, Vol. 49, No. 1, 489-501, 2013.
13. Wang, X., et al., "A robust generalized sidelobe canceller via steering vector estimation," Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2016, No. 1, 59, 2016.
14. Ke, Y., et al., "Robust adaptive beamforming using noise reduction preprocessing-based fully automatic diagonal loading and steering vector estimation," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, No. 99, 12974-12987, 2017.
15. Zhang, T., "Research on robust adaptive beamforming in the presence of array steering vector mismatch,", University of Science and Technology of China, 2014.
16. Shen, F., F. Chen, and J. Song, "Robust adaptive beamforming based on steering vector estimation and covariance matrix reconstruction," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 19, No. 6, 1636-1639, 2015.
17. Li, Y., F. Duan, and J. Jiang, "Robust adaptive beamforming algorithm based on an enhanced diagonal loading method and steering vector estimation," International Conference on Management Engineering, Software Engineering and Service Sciences, ACM, 124-128, 2017.
18. Li, J., P. Stoica, and Z. Wang, "On robust Capon beamforming and diagonal loading," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 51, No. 7, 1702-1715, 2003.